1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have read several back posts on viton Orings for the WC. Has anyone ever decided what size is best? I am making out an order for McMaster Carr and was going to get some. Since I live in the middle of noplace I got to order everything and it would be nice to have some sizes. If anywone wants to chime in please do, Thanks, Hotchkiss

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
O-Rings

When I built my "ohioblacksheep" Water Cooled gun, I had planned on using O-Rings, but I had some of the grey packing material and I unwound the strands and used a strand like the manuals instructed for asbestos. I had NO leaks at all and the gun ran fine. This packing was a lot cheaper than O-Rings, and it works; so I plant o keep using packing.

I began checking on the O-Rings for the gun hat would work, but never ordered any. All my information is at home and I won't be back for another 4 weeks to look it up.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks, I know a lot guys are using that telfon stuff from Ace. I think I got some old packing for the Model A waterpump someplace, maybe I should look at that? If you think about it when you get home I would really like to know what sizes you have in your notebook though, thanks again, Hotchkiss

1 - 3 of 3 Posts