1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
No I don't know why, but it's been confirmed to me by several people. The last Knob Creek Shoot is October 2021.
Oh man, that is big news!
There just isn't another show like it.
I am sure people reading this will be calling and e-mailing the people who attend every Knob Creek.
I trust John's news about this matter, he knows the impact of what he is saying..

Richard

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was at the shooter guantlet machine gun shoot this weekend and was told by a very good source that it is “likely” the last show. Not sure if we have the same source, but either way it’s sad to hear.
To provide a little light I was also told there is a possibility of a replacement show very close by to knob creek. (That info is not confirmed)

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
After all the up-grades...new bridge,new showroom,complete renovation of the pole barn and concrete floors...why the heck would Kenny end the greatest machine gun shoot in the country...? Missplaced Ken's number...but I'd call him and get the straight scoop. There was no mention of anything like this on the KC site when I looked.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
I got this right from Kenny last week guys and am not sure why but it looks like this is the end so it should be a total state of chaos this year. I expect when the news gets around ir will be the busiest creek to date. Time to empty the shop and fill the tables!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I would suspect having missed several shows due to the pandemic the powers that be realized the show wasn't worth the hassle and expense.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Oh boy.....standing room only, elbow to elbow, and no room at the inn scenario looks likely......hopefully no mother nature issues to add to the chaos......

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I would suspect having missed several shows due to the pandemic the powers that be realized the show wasn't worth the hassle and expense.
I had the same thought, expensive insurance, dealing with lots of people ( volunteers, support people, vendors) can really be tiring.
The range will still use all the upgrades that they have done over the years for all the other events they list on their calendar that go on throughout the year.
I am sure the smaller events are much easier to manage.
Over the years I have noted several shooting events fade away when the original organizer tried to hand over the task of running them.
It is a lot of work!
Gina said they had less than a month break after a Knob Creek show and shoot before they started working on organizing the next one.

Richard

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
This Fing sucks... I sure hope this is wrong...

I had the same thought, expensive insurance, dealing with lots of people ( volunteers, support people, vendors) can really be tiring.
The range will still use all the upgrades that they have done over the years for all the other events they list on their calendar that go on throughout the year.
I am sure the smaller events are much easier to manage.
Over the years I have noted several shooting events fade away when the original organizer tried to hand over the task of running them.
It is a lot of work!
Gina said they had less than a month break after a Knob Creek show and shoot before they started working on organizing the next one.

Richard
Yeah I get it... but then charge more until its worth it! Seriously, charge enough that you get an open shooting slot. Charge more to get into the show. $100 to get in the door would not scare me away.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Wow,, and hear after all these years of waiting to get on the line. I figured i had another 8 years to wait , Guess that is over. Holly Sh#$%. What a bummer. That [email protected]'s

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
This Fing sucks... I sure hope this is wrong...

Yeah I get it... but then charge more until its worth it! Seriously, charge enough that you get an open shooting slot. Charge more to get into the show. $100 to get in the door would not scare me away.
Before COVID the attendance by the public at the Knob Creek event had been dropping.
I also noted empty vendor tables and some of the regulars took fewer tables.
No longer did we see pallets of cheap ammo, kits and surplus "stuff".
It is my understanding that Kenny discussed with the long time regulars about going to a once a year show.
That ended up in a compromise of a 2 day show with 2 night shoots and Sunday was the morning to leave as the show was closed.

There are other MG shoots in this country, some have really big firing lines and long ranges with lots of shooters.
However, I know of no other buying experience like the Knob Creek show offered.
SAR West is about the next one I can think of for MG parts and accessories, but I don't travel around shows.
I am going to miss all the people I visit with!

Richard

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It was a rare show that I found anything of significance to add to my collection but it was well worth going to visit with friends and network, that part I will miss very much.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts