1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
When one door closes another opens. RUSS CREEK in 2022!!
NOT ME lol I already have too much on my plate but I am saddened to see the creek go away. It would have been nice if the SAR Eastever developed into something but that is a story for another day.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sort of shocked and sad but not entirely surprised. Been going since 1993 and have missed 3-4 by choice, a couple because of bad rains and then ChiCom Covid. Found a LOT of stuff there over they years and was often limited by the $$$ in my pocket (raising a family sometimes put a "crimp in your style"). 1919 kits for under $300, MG34 lafette for $800, Romy 8mm for 5.9 cents/rd., AK kits /w bbl for $79,. . . and the list goes on and on and on . . . .

Was hoping they would move to once a year. Like Richard, there are a lot of folks that I see there that I'll miss talking to AND learning from.

Hopefully, something will take its place but at least for now the "golden days" of kits, WWII era stuff and relatively cheap MGs are behind us.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Not seeing everyone is going to be the worse part of loosing the creek. I had made many friends over the years and some of my dearest friends were met at the creek. My first trip there was before I was even on this site and knew no one in the hobby but I went to meet the infamous Dolf Goldsmith and the rest is history. I will miss many people I only see there twice a year and can't even think about this being the last one because it is too depressing.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Not seeing everyone is going to bet the worse part of looing the creek. I had made many friends over the years and some of my dearest friends were met at the creek. MY first trip there was before I was even on this site and knew no one in the hobby but I went to meet the infamous Dolf Goldsmith and the rest is history. I will miss many people I only see there twice a year.
Russ, reading all of this i can only hope we are allowed to fly in before october, i see lotts of covid testrictions beeing lifted here in the past weeks, so i can only hope they wil alowe to let us fly over and enter the country..

·
Registered
215 Posts
When one door closes another opens. RUSS CREEK in 2022!!
Optimistically I agree and believe that the demand is there. Even with numbers dropping there was still a lot of people at the show every day. I don’t know what their daily entrance sales were but it had to be pretty good. If this is the end I hope someone steps up and fills the void on the east coast.
SAR West is great until you’re trying to get the part you bought back to the east coast. My Saturday’s of SAR were spend at UPS boxing things haha

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Russ, reading all of this i can only hope we are allowed to fly in before october, i see lotts of covid testrictions beeing lifted here in the past weeks, so i can only hope they wil alowe to let us fly over and enter the country..
John, I had another buddy flying over for the show of shows in Louisville next month that had to cancel because of the restrictions so it is hard to say if you can or not? It makes it very hard to plan anything in advance anymore though.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
People are flying to/ from Europe every day. I've been all over USA, and know people who've been to Asia, Europe, etc. Very few countries- primarily Pacific- are totally closed. The remainder may have quarantine periods and/or other requirements.

I can see the shoot being very difficult and expensive to organize. A show not so much. The question is if any other range is going to pick up the show crowd. It is a unique crowd, admittedly aging, and buyer attendance seems to have dropped. The political environment hasn't helped. But it is enough vendors/ serious buyers that somebody could make good cash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A friend of mine called Kenny and was told this is true. Very sad news.
The show is what most people care about, so hopefully that part carries on in some form.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No I don't know why, but it's been confirmed to me by several people. The last Knob Creek Shoot is October 2021.
I know the Sumners. They are getting older and basically there is no one who wants to carry on the shoots. Yes this is the last Machine gun shoot. They will still have the gun shop and range.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
It’s the swap and people I’ll miss. It wasn’t just a gun show, it was unique. Well, it was all MG stuff, no magpul, no Remington shotguns, no fluff. And a group of the brightest guys who are also the greatest complainers.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Where is Russ Creek?
Russ Creek was cancelled before it ever took off. Besides the promoter is a selfish jerk 😆
The worse thing about this creek is it is going to be so busy I will have little time to spend with all the people I go there to see in the first place and knowing this might be the last chance to see some of them face to face really stinks..

Reactions: Jdbman

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Russ Creek was cancelled before it ever took off. Besides the promoter is a selfish jerk 😆
The worse thing about this creek is it is going to be so busy I will have little time to spend with all the people I go there to see in the first place and knowing this might be the last chance to see some of them face to face really stinks..
Leave the parts at home and sleep in the Van....You win both ways.
Enjoy the last one....you have been a slave too long.
Make the rounds and hand out cards to all you want to deal with in the Future

21 - 40 of 50 Posts