1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This found it's way into my shell feeder on the Dillon XL65o

I have no idea what happened to it or how it got in there. The press loaded it without a hitch. Due to rampant tampering and things disappearing and reappearing, machines magically changing their own settings, ammo from one area teleporting it's self into the wrong ammo containers, I've had to personally inspect every finished that comes from that machine. Way more so than normal.

I inspect all the brass that goes into it. I handle it many times during processing. I inspect every damn flash hole for stuck media. It wasn't even cleaned. Someone just tossed it in the feeder.
I don't get random visitors. None that I see anyhow.
I have Poltershites.

Problem is, these are very dangerous and down right vicious.

I don't believe in ghosts.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...happens...

Yep...once in awhile a case has a 'bad-side' that you don't see until it's primed,powdered and the bullet is seated. You are going so fast...about 1100-1200 RPM (rounds-per-hour) on a Dillon 650,it is almost impossible to see all the defects .You usually find this stuff when boxing up the rounds as your last quality check. I keep these foo-paws and shoot them myself for testing and such. If the brass is OK it gets loaded again.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...once in awhile a case has a 'bad-side' that you don't see until it's primed,powdered and the bullet is seated. You are going so fast...about 1100-1200 RPM (rounds-per-hour) on a Dillon 650,it is almost impossible to see all the defects .You usually find this stuff when boxing up the rounds as your last quality check. I keep these foo-paws and shoot them myself for testing and such. If the brass is OK it gets loaded again.

It loaded the wrong pic! Or at least the wrong presentation of it. I don't think you can see what the problem is. It looks like it's gone through a chemical bath or something. It has deep vertical cracks all the way around.Close to a hundred of them. I almost thought it had been repeatedly grabbed with a pliers when I first spotted it. That's what it brings to mind, anyhow.

Phonybucket is bugging me. It worked right once a week ago.:confused:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks like intergranular corrosion , the long striations are due, to the metal grains being stretched when the case was formed. Sometime it was exposed to a corrosive environment, no clue how it got in your supply.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Obviously East German...with their splinter or rain camo.

Throw in a toothy grin here if you need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts