1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course the first thing Barry does following the news of the mass shooting in San Bernardino is call for more gun control. Doesn't California already have tighter regulations than much of the country.

Now that the local CBS News affiliate has confirmed one of the suspects is named Syed Farook, and one of the other suspects is reportedly his brother, do you think he may reconsider his plan allowing more Arab refugees to enter the county? The female’s relationship to either man is unknown.

I guess it's just more work-place violence. MSG

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Of course the first thing Barry does following the news of the mass shooting in San Bernardino is call for more gun control. Doesn't California already have tighter regulations than much of the country.

Now that the local CBS News affiliate has confirmed one of the suspects is named Syed Farook, and one of the other suspects is reportedly his brother, do you think he may reconsider his plan allowing more Arab refugees to enter the county? The female’s relationship to either man is unknown.

I guess it's just more work-place violence. MSG
Its got nothing to do with ethnicity and everything to do with a broken system. Ive lamented on this before but got lambasted. More mental nut jobs allowed access to guns.

The Feds are so busy banning guns but nobody gives a **** who's buying them. Heres a novel gun control idea.....stop selling guns to assholes. But how do you define '*******'?..well there lies the tricky part.

One things for sure. Stock up on primers and brass. Shits about to go down, Federally.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It cannot be terrorism because.....

Regardless of the truth, this cannot be terrorism because. Because the government cannot allow this to be a terrorist attack.

Reason number 1: A terrorist attack would show how vulnerable we are to events like this.
Reason number 2: A terrorist attack would increase demand for private firearms ownership.
Reason number 3: A terrorist attack would go against more firearms control.
Reason number 4: A terrorist attack would cause more demands not to bring in 50,000 refugees/terrorists.
Reason number 5: A terrorist attack would embarrass the current regime.
Reason number 6: A terrorist attack would embarrass cries from the Black Lives Matter group and Bloomberg.
(Have they noticed nearly 3,000 black on black murders in Chicago this year? Don't care?)
Reason number 7: A terrorist attack would easily be done with arms from cartels as in France.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...all legally bought

All the firearms used were purchased legally...in CA...? The two suspects were married,had a 6-mo old girl and the gathering at the center was a 'baby-shower' for the couple,as he had just returned to work after being on 'maternity-leave'. This was a terrorist attack...plain and simple. Anyone who says otherwise is too stupid to be breathing air and should be casterated so as not to pollute the gene pool,IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come to find out it was a US born Muslim and the Pakistani born, mail-order bride he brought home from Saudi Arabia. If it were part of a book or movie plot, people would call it absurd.

Utterly unreal. As you said, his coworkers had just held a baby shower for him. Other reports are that after the attack his coworkers were looking for him to make sure he was OK. Sounds like a real hostile work place. What is wrong with these people's brains? MSG

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
So......possible ISIS recruits that sprung into action earlier than planned due to an event that tripped their trigger so to speak???? Obviously well armed and strategic with escape plan and all. Possible IED's also?? We don't have all the info yet. Sure looks to me [at least right now] like future terrorist recruits just putting a plan into effect earlier than planned originally, OR, putting it into effect as needed and opportunity gave way.....dunno. Pretty sure it's not the home grown mental nut scenario of the past shootings tho......

And it's not even Christmas yet with all the heads rolling an mid level firings from corporate and local jobs as performance and profits fall.........usually the worst time of the year for depression, suicide, and job related hate crimes/violence.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
This was a terrorist attack...plain and simple. Anyone who says otherwise is too stupid to be breathing air and should be casterated so as not to pollute the gene pool,IMHO.
How right you are L999, how right you are.
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Yea, and the media will come out and says that the pipe bombs were home made fireworks for next years Fourth of July celebrations. And it just so happen that the US just committed our Special Operations Folks to fight in the Middle east to bring ISIS down. No relationship!!

The world must be laughing at us and our fearless leader.

--fjruple

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
They'll get the guy(s) he got the guns from, and they'll do two years for straw purchase, then they'll be full-blown terrorists themselves and the world will act surprised.

Maybe we should bring some French cops here who don't mind putting in the extra work to track down everybody that had anything to do with these terrs...and then arrest them! Maybe even close down a mosque or two and arrest the imam.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Read in paper that France closed 3-mosque's today in Paris. Sounds like a good start....
:alright::alright::alright: Way to go France!
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
The answer

The only way to deal with people like this is play at their level. They believe that killing infidels will get them into heaven, but if they are contaminated by pig when they die they cannot go to heaven, so take these two pieces of dirt and bury them with a rotting pig carcass, and get it all on video and post it on ISIS's web site.
To normal thinking individual this wouldn't make sense, but we aren't dealing with people who think like a 21st century civilized individual, so we have to play the game by their rules. There is a historical basis to this from the Philippines, whether or not this actually happen doesn't seem to matter, this is the only way to make this crap stop.
Of course the ACLU and other bleeding hearts would be all over this idea,but who cares!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Its got nothing to do with ethnicity and everything to do with a broken system. Ive lamented on this before but got lambasted. More mental nut jobs allowed access to guns.

The Feds are so busy banning guns but nobody gives a **** who's buying them. Heres a novel gun control idea.....stop selling guns to assholes. But how do you define '*******'?..well there lies the tricky part.

One things for sure. Stock up on primers and brass. Shits about to go down, Federally.
Another problem is WHO gets to define *******? That's the slippery slope.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Picked up another three boxes (3000) of primers earlier today. Told the shop owner I was getting them before things got crazy again. He laughed, and agreed.

I remember when you brought this up in an earlier discussion. After Sandy Hook, there were a lot of calls for states to turn over mental health data to the Federal instant check database. Their refusal was probably one of the things that helped avert further gun control measures. This was one of the first cases where our side was able to turn and keep the focus on mental health issues, rather than solely on guns. I guess VA Tech and Aurora had primed the pump.

Personally I think it's a no-brainer to prohibit the purchase of firearms by persons that have been adjudicated incompetent. Of course there needs to be an appeals process, and a separate review procedure for those that recover. But none of these measures would have prevented either Sandy Hook (mom bought the weapons) or San Bernardino.

We don't sell weapons to convicted felons, so that's one bunch of assholes already taken care of. Preventing sales to non-citizens wouldn't have stopped this either - Syed was a native born *******/nutcase.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Not all ammo made in America is lubricated with PIG FAT -- YET. Of course that would be politically incorrect, but so is terrorism.

Demand for guns in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre rose every day the week after the massacre -- except for Sunday, when many gun shops are closed. Ammunition sales also were robust, according to a survey of gun shop owners. "December is typically a strong month for firearm sales in Connecticut," said Lt. J. Paul Vance, spokesman for the State Police, who noted that the latest numbers were still unusual. "At this time of the year, we tend to see an increase in people purchasing guns for themselves (or) as Christmas gifts," Vance said. "But these numbers are a very big increase. Could it be as a result of this tragedy? It's possible." On Dec. 14, the day (the murderer) stormed Sandy Hook, 756 guns were sold in Connecticut, compared to 375 sold in the state on the same day (the previous year), according to records released in response to a Freedom of Information Act request from Hearst. A day later, retailers made 941 sales. Only 365 guns were sold on that day (the previous year). The gun sales boom in Connecticut mirrors what other states have experienced after mass shootings. Colorado saw a 40 percent surge after a gunman in an Aurora movie theater killed a dozen patrons and wounded 58 more.

In Arizona, FBI data show one-day handgun sales rose 60 percent after a gunman killed six people in Tucson in 2011.

The father of slain journalist Alison Parker, the victim in Norfolk, said "Of course I'm going to campaign for more gun control, right after I go out and get mine." He said that for any meaningful change to occur, "reporters must keep reporting on gun control and politicians must stop being afraid of the powerful gun lobby, the NRA." Yet, Parker said that he is “probably going to have to get a gun” because of the culture in the United States. “When you’re in the media, as you know, and when you are taking on an issue like this, there are a lot of people who take exception to what you are saying, so I will probably have to do that,” Parker said.

He does not currently own a gun, but said: “I don’t want to take any chances.” SO, LET'S SEE; Are we pro-gun, or anti-Constitutional?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I am a bit confused. I thought that California outlawed so called assault rifles way back in 1989. But they are saying those rifles were purchased legally. So I looked up California gun laws on line (only on one site and not difinitive) and they talk about "button magazine release" being a "loop hole in the law". Supposedly the way a magazine is released from a gun has something to do with legality? Anybody know what this has to do with anything?

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
button magazine release ,you have to use a tool to drop the mag even if the tool is the nose of a live round ,you can not have just a finger button mag release :rolleyes: on long arms / assault type weapons that use detachable magazines or "Hi Cap" mags.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Well I suspect if those bullet button magazine releases were legal in California they won't be next week.

I wonder if they allowed ARs AKs and M1As to be modified to use something similar and be legal?

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
Yes they made them for AR`s ,AK`s .i am not sure about M1A`s but then i do not live in Kalifornia :D or a restrictive state for about anything NFA :D:D:D.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts