1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this last nite........took it to the local Win. guru today. His version of the same rifle has a different butt plate, steel is correct versus my aluminum one. Aluminum is correct for Wins. "Featherweight" rifle, mine is the Std Wt. model. And, the front site hood is too small & incorrect shape. Probably for a .22.

Can anyone direct me to where I can get correct original Win. parts????

PJH

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Here's the obsolete parts suppliers for the Model 70 listed on the official Winchester site:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/customerservice/partsservice/obsolete/detail.asp?firearm=0083S

I have had good luck with Jack First, but you have to either purchase their printed catalogs or find someone who has a set. They do not post their inventory on line or take orders other than by phone.

If you want to PM the serial number and caliber of your 70 and a list of the parts you need I can use my set of catalogs, give them a call, and see what they have.

BTW, the Jack First catalogs are handy to have all on their own if you're an old guy like me who doesn't really trust the internet and is always looking for parts diagrams.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts