1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Russ what manual did the pictures of the tool rolls come from? Great collection by the way keep them coming!
Dan PM me your email because I am too old to remember it lol I will email you a link to it but I will warn you it is a LOT of reading.

·
Premium Member
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Here are two of the three variations of the WWII Brophy boxes. Pretty much a master armorers box for the USGI weapons including the Garand, Carbine, 1903 and 1903A3, 50 cal, 30 cals, the BAR and the 22's. They made three different variations of this box and the contents varied slightly but they are very useful if you work on USGI WWII weapons. I have helped a few of the board members assemble these over the years because they are hard to find in complete condition but I think they are great.
Rectangle Font Wood Signage Gas

Hand tool Toolbox Metalworking hand tool Tool Ratchet

Rectangle Nameplate Font Number Signage

Hand tool Toolbox Metalworking hand tool Tool Set tool

Font Paper Paper product Document Pattern

·
Premium Member
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This one is kind of special to me, it is a Marine Corps shooter's box and my uncle Jim was a sniper in Nam and the guy who really taught me distance shooting. I am not sure it was issued with a specific list of parts but the snipers probably outfitted them as they saw fit. I keep all my NOS National match parts in there plus my tools and gauges for the M14 that are spares for my field box and really the ones that I use the most. I could lay out the contents but I doubt most would care because it is the tool box itself that is the hard part to find.
Brown Motor vehicle Jaw Wood Rectangle

Rectangle Gas Font Wood Fashion accessory

Brown Rectangle Material property Font Gas

Rectangle Cooking Gas Cuisine Barbecue grill

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Couple of gauges unique to the BAR. Top is Gas Cylinder Rejection gauge C-64296 and below is a Gas Piston Rejection Ring C-9073.

Font Circle Nickel Metal Titanium

·
12,782 Posts
Yeah…. So I hate this thread. Decided to give Toolman extra work.

now under 1919 section there is a new forum for tools abs one for manuals (@Kirby’s request)

this way a new thread can be made for each tool kit. Just because they are under the 1919 heading does not mean they have to be for only 1919 but it was the best place for them.

so not more to this thread. And maybe strip this apart abs make new threads for each when you have the time, fellas.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Thanks Rory. Since Toolman started this thread about original tools I asked Rory if we could add a folder to show and discuss original manuals.

·
12,782 Posts
thread moved to new forum but i will close it as soon as @toolmanm203 gets around to spending way more of his time updating this section with all of his fun toys and collections.

for the others, if you have access to a friends tool kit, get some images and post em up.

·
Premium Member
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
This is now in a whole section dedicated to tools. Would be great if we had a different thread for each gun.
I am working on that and Richard no it is for all the tools and kits for whatever we can find.

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Again...most informative piece of work is Robert Segel's book on machine gun issued equipment for every MG from 1895-1945. He listed all tools/parts/accessories that were issued for every MG....in full color...the best work on this subject.

·
Premium Member
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I am going to start breaking this thread apart and thought I would do one category for the Browning tools/kits, one for other USGI tools and one for everything else or should I do one for other MG's and then one for everything else? There are a few different ways we can go with this so any thoughts or input on this from you would be helpful.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts