1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to complete my support equipment acquisitions while waiting for my 1919 to transfer. Now scratching my head about linkers.

1) I plan to shoot 54R exclusively
2) I plan to use links (not belts) exclusively
3) I plan to use IMI 762 links

That being said it appears that there are two games in town (please correct me if I am wrong):

1) Ohio Ordnance Works 1919A4 linker
2) Beltfed Plus linker plate on either an M4 linker or an M7 linker

I am interested in the OOW just because it is new and it "one and done" as opposed to the Beltfed Plus configuration of a US military linker and an adapter plate (no problem with that, I just am interested in reducing parts counts where possible).

Does anyone here use an OOW linker to link 54R in IMI 762 links?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I use both the linker and links for my 54r kit.

You don't bottom the rounds into the link. I go just to the point that the stripe on the round starts to show through the link. ( I will try and get a pic later)

Steve

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't bottom the rounds into the link. I go just to the point that the stripe on the round starts to show through the link. ( I will try and get a pic later)

Steve
Steve,

I would love to see a picture of that if you could. Is the stripe that you're referring to the line where the case and the projectile meet? A picture would be great.

Glad to know that this combo works.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

Steve
Thanks Steve, I was just going to post something.

Some have found the 308 linker works better than the 30-06.

Also you may not be able to do the whole tray at a time, but at least 10 at a time.
Only seat them so the outside of the top loop is even with the case mouth. Feed single loop first.

Make sure your links are clean and lightly oiled. Makes extraction easier.

Troy

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve, I was just going to post something.

Some have found the 308 linker works better than the 30-06.

Also you may not be able to do the whole tray at a time, but at least 10 at a time.
Only seat them so the outside of the top loop is even with the case mouth. Feed single loop first.

Make sure your links are clean and lightly oiled. Makes extraction easier.

Troy
Thanks Troy, when you say "Some have found the 308 linker works better than the 30-06." are you referring to the OOW linker? Do they or did they make two?

Here is the link to the OOW linker: http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/links-belts-loaders/1919a4-linker
The description says: "OOW Exclusive New Manufacture Made of hard anodized aluminum. Tough and durable. Will link .30-06, .308 and 8mm in Israeli links. Loads 20 at a time."

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Steve! So the OOW linker totally works. GREAT! I'll be ordering one up today.

Thank you for taking the time to post pictures, they look great!

...I can't wait for mine!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just remember you need 2 US ammo cans for every spam can of 54r.

Steve
HAHA! Now that is something I would have not thought about until I got a bunch linked up and discovered that it didn't all fit!

So you're saying that each US ammo can holds about 220 rounds of 54R in IMI links?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts