1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1919 (sa) from OOW years ago.. I went to their website and they are not listening them anymore. Did they stop making them? If so I’m wondering why... are they not very good quality wise? I always thought mine was well built... maybe not?

·
11,668 Posts
large builders need a lot of parts available at a decent cost and demand for the product. when parts kits got closer to complete gun value it is less lucrative to build and sell.

r

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
OOW is super busy with commercial military contracts to countries like Malaysia. That is why they sold their vintage parts business and aren't building 1918A3 BAR's and other items. OOW guns were typically very good quality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I see... well that’s reassuring to hear other than “they were junk and no one wanted them”. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
110 Posts
OOW makes really nice stuff. I have
3-1918a3 from them. They all are very nice. I have a mint r75 kit I want them build for me one day.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
By the time OOW sold off the bulk of their surplus parts inventory, they had already stopped building 1919A4s because their supply of complete kits was exhausted, I believe. At one time, they were one of the major sellers of kits for home builders and some professional shops as well. But building the semis was an off and on thing with them, depending on their other business needs. It did become less lucrative for them in the end, given the government contract profitability. But as others have said, they were very high quality builders, and great people to work with.

Reactions: Rory and Barrettm82
1 - 7 of 7 Posts