1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I doubt there are many BA junkies in the world that are as sick as me and that are not members here but I would love to know who got this?

The funny thing is I actually know where the original E flag is that flew over the BA factory during WWII when it was awarded until they shut the plant down but I am still trying to talk the guy out of it, maybe someday?

·
BeltFed GURU
4,307 Posts
WAHHH the Don got beat :cry: to it ? That is just sad !!!!! Or does he have something up his sleeve Muw HA HA HA hahahahahahaha Fess Up or Da Macaw will come for YOU !!!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I don't even know what the hell I'm looking at, but judging by the feedback counts of the bidders (all except one bidder has thousands of feedbacks) there were some serious collectors after it.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is an Accelerator magazine which was the monthly BA plant news letter and while I doubt many got saved and are tough to find this one went for stupid money. They are a great research tool for me because it lists peoples names and helped me track down some folks that worked there but there is really no technical stuff in it. Really just a basic newsletter discussing things like whats new at the plant, who got married, who the pant sports team beat and things of that nature.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I don't even know what the hell I'm looking at, but judging by the feedback counts of the bidders (all except one bidder has thousands of feedbacks) there were some serious collectors after it.

Its a copy of one of the Buffalo Arms magazines they produced during the war with plant news, etc. Not sure if it was specifically for stock holders or a more general magazine for the employees. The name of the publication being "The Accellerator" and of course Toolman had to have it since he is still trying to get the plant flag that was awarded featured on the cover. That way he can frame it an hang it over his original Buffallo Arms shop bench.......with all his Buffallo arms tools.....and his Buffallo arms plant awards......and if tthe price was right he would buy the plant with all the indoor test firing spaces intact.........

And people said I had the Westy bug bad.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
That was weird, I posted, then your post from 4 hiurs ago shows up AFTER the fact.....very strange

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Rory, Russ's family was pretty close to the boot and you haven't seen him get spiteful. You are literally playing with fire on that one. ROFLMAO. You have a better chance of trying to date his unmarried daughter....remember I said trying......

Reactions: Rory

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For how many years was it produced?
It was produced the entire time the plant was open so 41-45 and it was a new letter for the employees only. I do have the bulk of them but am still missing a few months to round out the collection but it was because of these magazines I have been able to track down and interview people whom worked there. The last guy I interviewed was at least 5 years ago and worked there from 16-17 then like many in that day he lied about his age and joined the Navy where he ended up on the USS Indianapolis which I know a few here are familiar with. He couldn't tell me much about the plant but his memory of his time in the ocean was vivid to say the least so it was a cool interview. I was in on that one to 50.00 which I thought was nuts but 100.00?

Reactions: Mr.Maim

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It was produced the entire time the plant was open so 41-45 and it was a new letter for the employees only. I do have the bulk of them but am still missing a few months to round out the collection but it was because of these magazines I have been able to track down and interview people whom worked there. The last guy I interviewed was at least 5 years ago and worked there from 16-17 then like many in that day he lied about his age and joined the Navy where he ended up on the USS Indianapolis which I know a few here are familiar with. He couldn't tell me much about the plant but his memory of his time in the ocean was vivid to say the least so it was a cool interview. I was in on that one to 50.00 which I thought was nuts but 100.00?
Thanks! Great background.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wasn’t me Russ I swear! I have been handed down E awards and the articles pertaining to them from my g.grandfather’s ship building company. The army coastal y tanker was outfitted with several m2hb guns and a cannon. Some are still in service today as crab boats etc. The award was given to companies that exceeded contract deadlines and delivered high quality goods. I hear they tore the building down.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They tore the Odenbach building down Porter?

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am sorry to hear that Porter time certainly takes it toll on everything eventually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts