1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine called me up and said his elderly neighbor passed away. The widow told him to help himself to whatever was in the garage. He found these:

He opened up one of the boxes and said the tons look to be in good shape. I'm sure that the crackers inside are perfectly fine.

So he wanted to open them all up and feed the birds with them. I told him to hold off on that idea until I can get up there and look them over.

Outside of collector's value, are these things worth anything to anyone?

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Get a case of Australian, canned Bega cheese and some peanut butter. Pack 'em away.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
A guy was selling these for $10 a tin at the last MG shoot. I thought they were cool to look at so I grabbed one. I would take more if they are available. I didn't open them, I just have them sitting out to look at.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Civil Defense Crackers

I would be very interested in a case of these for my Cold War collection.
Let me know how much your buddy wants for a case and we can make a deal.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
When I read the title for this thread, I was expecting to see pics of old white men wearing doughboy helmets!! :rofl:

............sorry, couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
CDTX2001 ASKS: "....are these things worth anything to anyone?

Yeah, they are, but only if they come with a lobster! :icon23:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
128 Posts
We opened some up at the Creek campground. they tasted like Matza crackers. Not to shabby after 50+ years... May have to do that again at the creek, at the Y for lunch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts