1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been a member for some time now. I just don't post that much. I built this quite a long time ago from a Sarco kit. A friend and I each made one. Didn't take many pics back then. Made the spade grips, tripod and pintle too.

·
12,782 Posts
maybe update the title a bit.

"sharing images of my home build"

something more specific than just the name.

looks like you did a great job btw... now go get it parked

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Looks good just need to find someone to park it for you, where do you live there is probably someone close by.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Thats a great example of an old school home build. Unfinished right plate, DIY spade grips. Looks just like my build before I sent it out to get parkerized.

Now......clean that dam rust off and apply some protecting oil before we are forced to confiscate your weapon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so I need to work on my forum skills. I will try harder. To give you an idea of the time frame I built this. Sarco's kits were around 3-400 bucks. The gun is still not parked, but the tripod got painted a while ago. I knew I would catch hell for those pics, they're the only ones I have from back then. Thanks for the positive critique. I humbly accept your welcoming me into your conversation. It is an old home build. I think thats a nice compliment. I am in NE Ohio

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Nice job on the builds and keep in mind there are many members here that are set up to parkerize so depending on what state you are in I would almost bet we have a member not too far from you.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Most of us had a 1919A4 that looked like that - once you park it you will be amazed at how "finished" it becomes. Nice job!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, and for the encouragement. I'm in NE Ohio if I were to get it parkerized.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
OK, so I need to work on my forum skills. I will try harder. To give you an idea of the time frame I built this. Sarco's kits were around 3-400 bucks. The gun is still not parked, but the tripod got painted a while ago. I knew I would catch hell for those pics, they're the only ones I have from back then. Thanks for the positive critique. I humbly accept your welcoming me into your conversation. It is an old home build. I think thats a nice compliment. I am in NE Ohio
Thats about the time I bought my kit from Ohio Ordnance If I remember correctly. Maybe 14 years ago? It was my first belty and I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that parts kits were a thing. Demilled machine gun just waiting to be made into a legal semi auto? Thats CRAZY!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Is that one of Sam's heat treated Right Side plates? Those were sweet. MSG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi ScottD, maybe 2006 or 2007 so, yeah, pretty close. I felt the same way. Who knew, even then, how late to the game we were.
MSG, I made the side plate, trigger, disconnector, and sear. The bolt, lock, and extension mods, and denials. I riveted it up, all along the lines of the Rod Jones (Pegasus) design. A real home built. A friend had the engraving done, but it came out very light.
Thanks Soliderity, don't wait to get your post count up like I did.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Hi ScottD, maybe 2006 or 2007 so, yeah, pretty close. I felt the same way. Who knew, even then, how late to the game we were.
MSG, I made the side plate, trigger, disconnector, and sear. The bolt, lock, and extension mods, and denials. I riveted it up, all along the lines of the Rod Jones (Pegasus) design. A real home built. A friend had the engraving done, but it came out very light.
Thanks Soliderity, don't wait to get your post count up like I did.
Im still amazed at what guys were doing back then. People were just coming up with semi mods and trying all sorts of methods. Denial bars, screw builds, all sorts of stuff. It was still unchartered waters. I sent my internals out to be modded, but I built from an 80% side plate. Ironically, its still one of my nicest builds, I dont know how I managed to do such a nice job using nothing more than a drill press and a dremel. I dont fire my 1919 much, but every time I take it to the range Im still marveled at the fact that I built this thing. Honestly, its the most iconic machine gun ever made. Look at every machine gun that a kid draws....Its a box with a tube sticking out of it [__]====

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Thanks, and for the encouragement. I'm in NE Ohio if I were to get it parkerized.
We have plenty of members in Ohio that parkerize so I doubt you would have a hard time getting it finished up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice, thanks for sharing, like most ive made a few beautiful guns but lack the photos. I guess we are all bad about it. I tried to find pictures of an UZI kit ive made into rifle (first time) but i think i didn't take enough pictures but boy it fun learning!
Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Isn't Greaser in NE Ohio? Ravenna Armory?
His shop is in Columbus but I doubt he would just want to just blast and park a gun but you can always ask him via an email on his website.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts