1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these were for mounting to an MG3 Ground Tripod - not sure if all the parts are here. Anyone know anything about them?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Mounts

Those do look familiar, a very simple design which caused my interest. Not sure if those are complete, so will look in my files for the pictures I saved.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have some pics showing the rear portion on the tripod, but nothing on the front. I know I used them briefly many many years ago and didn't care for them. IIRC they interfered with breaking down the tripod for transport? It's been to long and too many cocktails I'm afraid. :)

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some extensive searching of my hard drive I ran across some pictures from when I first started building these guns and switched to the MG3 mount. It appears the front parts are indeed missing, but I have two sets of rear mounts. I remember now the fronts just clamped [with threaded bolts] to the rails in front. Maybe I'll throw some front parts together and sell the sets later.

Anyhow - thanks Tom for your troubles in looking around. I think the issue is solved now :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts