1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Happy New Years! Nice way to celebrate the new years (at the range). I have always liked the OOW BAR. Out of my price range. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
Nice looking weapon. Not fond of the 5 round limit, but at today's prices for ammo I can get used to it I guess. :D

Thanks for posting the video!

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
No mag limit in Wisconsin! I have 40 rounders for my century c93 sporter & 250 round cloth for my vickers & 250s for my maxim & linked for my 1919 & 1917a1 Lol!
Hey Brian - and 500 rounds linked for the shorty 1919!

Well - once I add them together that is - too hard to carry 500 at a crack! :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice Rob. I just left a comment on your YouTube video about your BAR. As I said in my comment I just bought another one of these the other day to replace the one I sold a couple years ago when my younger son told me he wanted to double major in college. He has since backed out of that, Grrrrrr! Anyway, I always regretted having to sell that gun to pay for the little ingrates education and since he will be graduating soon I decided to replace it when another became available to me. They always draw a crowd when you take them to the range! The weird thing is that the ten round magazine limit in California where I live applies to everything including belt type feed devices which interestingly enough isn't the case in Canada (according to the Marstar website), go figure! The other gun I regretted to have to sell was the Ingles made 1943 production BREN MkII semi auto that Rick Smith at smgguns.com made for me. He has since discontinued production of these in favor of his FG42 reproduction, but if you ever get a chance to buy one of these do so without hesitation, they are beautiful!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Rob. I just left a comment on your YouTube video about your BAR. As I said in my comment I just bought another one of these the other day to replace the one I sold a couple years ago when my younger son told me he wanted to double major in college. He has since backed out of that, Grrrrrr! Anyway, I always regretted having to sell that gun to pay for the little ingrates education and since he will be graduating soon I decided to replace it when another became available to me. They always draw a crowd when you take them to the range! The weird thing is that the ten round magazine limit in California where I live applies to everything including belt type feed devices which interestingly enough isn't the case in Canada (according to the Marstar website), go figure! The other gun I regretted to have to sell was the Ingles made 1943 production BREN MkII semi auto that Rick Smith at smgguns.com made for me. He has since discontinued production of these in favor of his FG42 reproduction, but if you ever get a chance to buy one of these do so without hesitation, they are beautiful!
Hi Paul thanks for the compliments. Too bad you had to sell your Inglis Bren Mk II but glad to see you got another BAR. Up here I am not licensed to own full auto or converted auto so cannot own a working Bren gun but I do have a deactivated Inglis Mk I Bren which requires no license to own. You mentioned the belt lengths/limits, here if you use Izzy links you can only have 5rd belts. But if you have USGI 30 M1 links or cloth belts then there is no limit.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi Paul thanks for the compliments. Too bad you had to sell your Inglis Bren Mk II but glad to see you got another BAR. Up here I am not licensed to own full auto or converted auto so cannot own a working Bren gun but I do have a deactivated Inglis Mk I Bren which requires no license to own. You mentioned the belt lengths/limits, here if you use Izzy links you can only have 5rd belts. But if you have USGI 30 M1 links or cloth belts then there is no limit.
With Izzy links only 5 rounds but with USGI links no limit?! Apparently there is a dumbassedness disease link between Californian and Canadian Legislators! As far as no full auto conversions go I seem to recall that Marstar was selling semi auto MG34s, 1919s and M2s at one time and what about that 1919 shown in your video?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
With Izzy links only 5 rounds but with USGI links no limit?! Apparently there is a dumbassedness disease link between Californian and Canadian Legislators! As far as no full auto conversions go I seem to recall that Marstar was selling semi auto MG34s, 1919s and M2s at one time and what about that 1919 shown in your video?
You are right Marstar did sell them, these are not considered converted autos. These semi auto MG34's and Semi 1919A4's are newly made on semi auto only receivers and semi auto internal parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts