1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got the used belts from them? I was planning on getting a couple belts and dont feel like trying to squeeze rnds into a new belt so i was going the used route. any pics out there of the used ones? Thanks in advance!
Jason D
USAF

·
Registered
498 Posts
Look like new, just used

Seriously, they look just like the used ones, only a bit more grey. Nice condition. I buy mine at the gun shows OOW goes to as they have a bin sitting there and you gt to pick them out. Most have tabs on one end, some on two. But they are all VERY usable from what I have seen.

The new ones for $25 that they have been talking about on here are a great deal, and they are only new once. Load em up and break them in. The white IMA ones load easy enough, and they are tight. Loaded a new one last night and some of the pockets are miss-sewed. You can hear the extra threads popping as the round gets pushed in all the way:eek: Now that is tight!

Brian

·
Registered
67 Posts
I received mine yesterday. Below are pictures of a 'new' belt compared to a 'used' one. The used one does have a couple of torn pockets. I haven't tried loading either yet, so I can't comment if the used ones are easier to load or not.

·
Registered
498 Posts
opps, guess I was buying new ones

OK, the ones I bought at Indy and knob were new ones I guess. Definately better than the used one that is pictured. Torn pockets are not good

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Belts

Well guys, I just called OOW and have sold out of the 250 rd Belts. You guys bought all they had. The nice lady I talked with said they have had them for a long time and one mention here sold them all.

The good news is that they had a few 225 rd belts at the same price of $25/ea for pristine Belts. I got me a few more just so I will have enough to last me the rest of my life if I take care of them, LOL

Now a question, what are the 225 rd Belts, are they US GI Belts? Who has used them? Are they any Good?

576 Posts
I have a bunch of the 225rd belts and they are the same quality and construction as the 250rd belts....well, maybe not exactly but they are stiffer and tighter than the IMA 100rd belts. Ones I have are a bit stiffer than the 250's. They work and load just like the 250's though.Tabs are shorter and painted black instead of blued, parked or brass. If I had to guess I'd say they are either US or Izzy belts....more inclined to think they are US. The ones I have are well used and hard to read the text.... other than the number markings for round count. I have had mine for years, bought them from a guy out west that had 55 gallon drums full. $8 a piece I paid....wish I had bought more!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, I didn't notice this before.... but the 'new' belt in the above pictures is a 225 rounder. I guess they ran out of 250's before filling my order.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
225 Rounders

Thanks for the uodate on the 225 rnd Belts, sound like they will be fine. The lady I spoke with stated they are in "prestine" condition. She said the folks on the Forum cleaned then out of the 250 rounders. Glad I went ahead and bought some more!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Abwehr said:
Thanks for the uodate on the 225 rnd Belts, sound like they will be fine. The lady I spoke with stated they are in "prestine" condition. She said the folks on the Forum cleaned then out of the 250 rounders. Glad I went ahead and bought some more!
I have some of their 250 rounders. They are very nice. Ordered some more of the 225 rounders. Time will tell. I have some used Swedish belts that a friend needs for his ANM2 that I will trade for GI belts. Soon I will up to my eyeballs in belts. My gun runs flawlessly with them.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Got mine yesterday...5 new and 5 used. The used one's are in good shape, but are defnitely broken in good. The new one's were worth the extra $5. If you happen to get one with a black plastic tab, those are 308 belts.

If your 225 rounder is frayed on the end you might want to run a stitch across it to stop the unraveling.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
225 Rounders

Lobo,

I got a green GI Belts a couple of years ago that appeared to have one use. The end was cut just as you described and the end was fraying. I had my wife put some good stitching across the end to stop the fray. I then cut the loose threads and got some of my wifes "fray stop" and put it on the stitched area. The "fray stop" is sort of a glue that bonds any loos threads. It made the end look almost factory. Good idea of posting this information!

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
loboslanding said:
Got mine yesterday...5 new and 5 used. The used one's are in good shape, but are defnitely broken in good. The new one's were worth the extra $5. If you happen to get one with a black plastic tab, those are 308 belts.

If your 225 rounder is frayed on the end you might want to run a stitch across it to stop the unraveling.
I happened to look at the printing on the brass tabs of the ones I got - one says it is for the Model of 1917 machinegun, one says Belt fits machinegun Colt's PFA Maunufacturing Co. - never looked at these before that close. Had to polish em' up a bit to read the printing tho....interesting. I wonder how many different printings/versions there are.. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts