1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my B.A.R. 1918a3 last night :D Wow the B.A.R. is a Beauty !!! I wanted a B.A.R for about six years and I finally have one:D :D :D

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
WE WANT PICS! I LUV them guns, they are absolutly gorgeous. They are a dream to shoot, i got the chance to shoot one F/A a yr or so ago and they are remarkably controllable, for as long as you can hold it up to your shoulder, as its a heavy chunk of gun. I envy you, them are nice! I still want pics!

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Buggs where did you find it? Is OOW producing already?

Got mine used end of last year.

Numrich has the best deals on magazines if you need some http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=34120&chrSuperSKU=&MC= .

photo posting:
Edit your photos using your photo software that came with your camera to a size no bigger than 650 pix in any one direction. Save your photos under My Pictures on your hard drive. Sign up on Imageshack.com http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php for free. Hit Upload Images and go thru the process of putting them on Imageshack. Under the Embeddable Code heading to the right of the photo, left click on the top line that starts with
to highlight it and then right click to copy it and then paste it into your post here. Uh-buh-buh-deep, buh-buh-deep, that's all folks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bugg's If you can Email me some pic i will post them for you , I'm thinking of getting one myself . [email protected]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I bought a relatively early(about 12 years ago) OOW BAR and just sent them my gas plug to have them modify it and then I reinstalled it. It would only function on the biggest gas setting. I just assumed that was how it was designed to work until I started asking others on the web about theirs. When I found out about the small updated modification, I had it done. I took it out on Friday and it worked fine on the lowest gas setting. But when I got home I discovered that the firing pin broke. I called OOW and they are sending me out a replacement, no charge. OOW is a good company to do bussiness with. I was using 70's Korean 30-06 has anyone else had a similar problem?

D

·
0 Posts
Hmmmm..........What serial number range is yours.....I have a 4xx serial number and think maybe I will need the Mod Did they charge you to have it done?

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Buggs, I posted above how to post pics...look under the photo.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My serial number is under 70. They will insist you send the whole gun back but if you are firearm handy he(ask to speak to the person doing the modifications) might allow you to send him the gas port and he will enlarge the holes. If you do not feel confident removing and reinstalling the gas piston that is fine. I just did not want to spend $50 or so insuring and shipping my gun when I already correctly remove the gas adjustment part. I've built numerous AK's, 1919's, AR-15's, changed barrels so I have some level of confidence when working on firearms. But contact them they stand behind their products and will fix it under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts