1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I bought a relatively early(about 12 years ago) OOW BAR and just sent them my gas plug to have them modify it and then I reinstalled it. It would only function on the biggest gas setting. I just assumed that was how it was designed to work until I started asking others on the web about theirs. When I found out about the small updated modification, I had it done. I took it out on Friday and it worked fine on the lowest gas setting. But when I got home I discovered that the firing pin broke. I called OOW and they are sending me out a replacement, no charge. OOW is a good company to do bussiness with. I was using 70's Korean 30-06 has anyone else had a similar problem?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My serial number is under 70. They will insist you send the whole gun back but if you are firearm handy he(ask to speak to the person doing the modifications) might allow you to send him the gas port and he will enlarge the holes. If you do not feel confident removing and reinstalling the gas piston that is fine. I just did not want to spend $50 or so insuring and shipping my gun when I already correctly remove the gas adjustment part. I've built numerous AK's, 1919's, AR-15's, changed barrels so I have some level of confidence when working on firearms. But contact them they stand behind their products and will fix it under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts