1919 A4 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I called today as it’s been there two weeks now and all I was told was “we have been busy and will call you end of the week” so I have no idea what’s going on.....I’ll keep you updated.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just a heads up.....the week ended and I never received a call as to the status of the M2-SLR....not holding my breath at this point that I will see any sort of response unless I contact them first.

·
Registered
88 Posts
5 weeks and counting with no contact from them. I shouldn't have to hound them for information as to what is going on with my gun.
I imagine that it could take some time, but OOW should meet the commitments that they made to you or keep you apprised of the situation when that is not possible... I have had nothing but good experiences with OOW in the past, but I am watching this thread closely and have been holding off on an OOW purchase until we see how this is handled.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I've had nothing but good past experiences with OOW, but that was with Bob at the helm. Now that he has retired this seems to be the new normal as I have had others tell me they have had the "radio silent" treatment from them when there were issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I imagine that it could take some time, but OOW should meet the commitments that they made to you or keep you apprised of the situation when that is not possible... I have had nothing but good experiences with OOW in the past, but I am watching this thread closely and have been holding off on an OOW purchase until we see how this is handled.
Me as well

·
Registered
92 Posts
FWIW, I saw this thread and checked out my M2SLR that I had gotten in March but not fired. It appears to have the correct spring and the barrel will not turn unless retracted to line up with the window. It seems like with the right spring the side plate is cut properly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After reading all this I've been a bit shy taking mine out and shooting it. Especially since I mostly loved to watch other peoples reactions when shooting it, last thing I'd want to happen is for it to cook off when I'm not the one behind it....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
Well the saga is partly over....OOW called today and told me that the gun was repaired under warranty and was ready for pickup. When I got there, Al came out and apologized for it taking so long, stating that should have never happened. It appears that the parts that were supposed to be used for “rebuilding” my gun ended up being used on a different gun and they had to wait for another batch of parts to be machined. That being said, I was also given a can of M33 linked Ball Ammo for the trouble.

Now to the part that bothers me, but it’ll go down as my own personal “who shot Kennedy” what happened-why did it happen, and how do I keep it from happening again....they told me they have no idea as to why the gun went Ka-Boom as it could have been:

Operator error
Bad ammo
MFG defective parts/build

We have established that had I set the headspace incorrectly, the gun wouldn’t have fired 56 rounds (thought it was 52 but I recounted the brass from that day-it was 56)

Could it have been the ammo? Perhaps but the again we have established that it appears to have been a headspace issue which lead to an unsupported chamber, allowing the case to detonate.

Could it have been a bad part(s) that lead to this? That is for you to decide as I won’t post my thoughts on the open forum, but if you want to ask me, I’ll give you some of my thoughts on this.

Am I satisfied with the “rebuilding” of my gun? Yes

Am I happy with the free can of LC19 M33 ball ammo? Yes it was nice but not expected

Am I happy with nearly 6 weeks and no communication as to the status of my gun? NO....all they’d have had to have done was called or emailed me saying there was a parts screw up and I would have told them no worries just fix it right.

Am I going to buy anything else for OOW again soon or ever again?? That is TBD.

I did assemble the gun after I unboxed it and did a few checks on it. I can tell you that the sound of the barrel lock spring engaging the notches on the barrel sounds completely different than it did the first time. I set the head space, racked it and doubled check the head space. I then put the barrel handle on and tried to rotate the barrel while in battery...the barrel had some wiggle in it’s notch but never moved from its locked position.

I’m in debate about taking it out this weekend and trying it. I know that from now on I’ll be shooting it (if I shoot it) with the barrel handle on so I can use it as a quick index to see if anything is moving improperly.

I’ll post more on this if or when I shoot it.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Well it sounds like it all worked out ok and keep us posted with a range report after you get to the range.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Took the gun out yesterday, set it up, and fired a total of 15 rounds out of it. Gun functioned flawlessly but I also had a reference mark on the barrel so I could see if it was moving. It was nice to have it back again, but that being said it’s going to take some time to get my confidence back in fully trusting it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Took the gun out yesterday, set it up, and fired a total of 15 rounds out of it. Gun functioned flawlessly but I also had a reference mark on the barrel so I could see if it was moving. It was nice to have it back again, but that being said it’s going to take some time to get my confidence back in fully trusting it.
Didn't even invite us? Dang...

JK JK. Glad it went well. I can see it taking a little while to build up trust with it.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts