1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my kit today! Joyous occasion! I took pics after I got everything apart and lined up (mostly). Impressions. Nicely made. The box is aligned perfectly to begin with. No issues there. Rivet holes are drilled and countersunk just perfectly. A little deburring needed on the trunnion (Israeli surplus). Barrel, bore and chamber are really nice and bright. All parts look excellent.

I'm mainly putting this out there so anyone who gets one of these can see what they're getting better than OOW's stock photo.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I just got my kit today! Joyous occasion! I took pics after I got everything apart and lined up (mostly). Impressions. Nicely made. The box is aligned perfectly to begin with. No issues there. Rivet holes are drilled and countersunk just perfectly. A little deburring needed on the trunnion (Israeli surplus). Barrel, bore and chamber are really nice and bright. All parts look excellent.

I'm mainly putting this out there so anyone who gets one of these can see what they're getting better than OOW's stock photo.

Thanks!
Great looking kit kahnmann, nice to see there are still some nice ones out there. OOW has always been a great source for parts, Bob Landies has gone out of his way many times locating obscure items I needed.
Your pictures are nice and clear and it helps show the details that a great kit has. I am sure f you take your time this will turn out as good or better than the day it was manufactured. Good luck with your build, but like potato chips I bet you won't stop with just this one. Keep us informed as to how your build goes. :thumbup:
CaptMax

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Yup - kit looks real nice. Post pics when you finish it up - I think it will look even nicer at that point! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah it has been hard to sleep. I'm really impressed with the quality of the parts and the fit. I spent most of last night cleaning all the cosmoline off and getting things deburred and ready to assemble tonight.

I'm thinking OD green/black cerakote would be nice and unique.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Thanks guys. Yeah it has been hard to sleep. I'm really impressed with the quality of the parts and the fit. I spent most of last night cleaning all the cosmoline off and getting things deburred and ready to assemble tonight.

I'm thinking OD green/black cerakote would be nice and unique.
I think it would look great depending on what parts get which colors.
FYI, nickel and chrome plating has been done already. Eww.:confused::D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I got it finished! Runs good with dummy ammo by hand, need to wait for the cerakote to cure a few days then it's time to go play. I like how it all turned out. Decided to redo one of my 1911s to match. Seemed like the thing to do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YES, I know that's an A6 stock on an A4. But when the wife says "your gun looks wierd without a stock, you should get one." I'm not one to say no... Eventually I'll be able to make a full A6 conversion setup out of that. I'm just not one to tell my wife no when she tells me to order gun parts.:)

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I built an OOW kit in 2006 worked the first time out. Nice job

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
Great job keep us updated with a range report and let us know if you have any issues. OOW is great to work with but my checkbook hates me after a stop there :( oh well it's all in the name of the hobby right?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You can see on the sideplate that OOW still uses the old style of three denial islands. Parts won't interchange with the newer single island plates.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Range report!

FINALLY! I got her to the range and got 400 rounds through her without a single hitch. I remember shooting belt-feds in the Army, but this is way cooler. I'm hooked, already saving up for another one (and more ammo).:D

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
You can see on the sideplate that OOW still uses the old style of three denial islands. Parts won't interchange with the newer single island plates.

The advantage of the three island is that the finger on the right side of the barrel extension that unlocks the bolt in recoil keeps its original thickness and strength.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
FINALLY! I got her to the range and got 400 rounds through her without a single hitch. I remember shooting belt-feds in the Army, but this is way cooler. I'm hooked, already saving up for another one (and more ammo).:D
Right on! That was a fast build!!
Just remember this about ammo;
If you sell the truck to buy more ammo, you may experience some regret and frustration on the next range day. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for PICS!!

Thanks for the pics! New to the forum and just paid for my OOW semi parts kit. I spent the extra bucks because of your pics. Can't wait to get it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts