1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an M1 Thompson pre-86 sample coming up on the RIA April Premier auction. With all that has happened in the last two weeks I was wondering what your thoughts are about the buying activity and if I should put a hold on selling it until everything rebounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
I have an M1 Thompson pre-86 sample coming up on the RIA April Premier auction. With all that has happened in the last two weeks I was wondering what your thoughts are about the buying activity and if I should put a hold on selling it until everything rebounds.
I would strongly suggest waiting until the 2nd half of the year to list anything for sale. Too much loss in 401k and personal savings at the moment. I pulled several auctions because of the price action.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,942 Posts
Best case scenario, few months of virus situation, followed by pent up demand and investments "returning" (or something like that).

Worst case (investments) is virus drags on, Biden wins presidential election; investments respond poorly.

In the latter case, guns should skyrocket and there will be a buying frenzy. As with the last frenzy, high-end collectibles won't benefit as much as low-end AKs and AR15s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,943 Posts
Then again... if its going to a dealer... and every gun dealer just sold out and is flush with cash... maybe its the best time to sell it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,379 Posts
poll

All winter I was making pretty good play money selling M1 Garand clips loaded with dummy rounds on ebay,I haven't sold one in 3 weeks! People just aren't buying stuff they don't really need,but like IMBLITZVT said maybe all the guys that just sold out of their lower end guns might be looking for an investment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,100 Posts
If you value the opinion of a PhD, wait a few months.

I have an M1 Thompson pre-86 sample coming up on the RIA April Premier auction. With all that has happened in the last two weeks I was wondering what your thoughts are about the buying activity and if I should put a hold on selling it until everything rebounds.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top