1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I'm not sure what to think about that rifle. There are a couple things that concern me but I'm hoping some experts show up and comment. Bump to keep this going....

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I don't know sh*t about M40 rifles but that thing is fish-fur. I bought a few Ar-Tel scopes and parts from Jim Leatherwood and built up some VN era M14 scope sets with bases. So I guess I had "original Viet Nam" scopes with provenance? Bullpucky. That's no better than the "all matching" carbines everywhere, and a bunch of money for a Johnny Cash Cadillac. J

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Ive always been curious about the anodizing fading to green. We had a dear friend here at the shop who passed a few months ago who had experience with the rifle during Vietnam and he stated the scope was not green and his faded to more of a blackish plum color. I guess over time they might have faded further but he says they were def black at the time. I have the same scope that was purchased commercially and its black with a hint of plum color, but also hasnt been left in the sun for a year for the dye in the ano to fade.

Our booth at NRA show last year was next to the guys that build the reproduction and there having a scope anodized green

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I've had two ART-2 telescopes, one lives in it's case and is dark grey. The other is sold but had no case, was installed on a rifle and was faded to pale green. Maybe vitamin D fools with the anodizing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts