1919 A4 Forums banner

Original WWII German stamp

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Abominog 
#1 ·
I thought you guys might enjoy this one since it is kind of a rare bird. This was given to a friend years ago by the the head dog at the pattern room in England and it is now my job to deal with it. I would love to hear any thoughts about it from the German experts here.

See less See more
#3 ·
Its a property stamp, vs wafffens which were inspctors stamps. Looks to be about the right size for the stamp that usually appears on the right side of a K98 stock just below the takedown disk. Im actually in the process of refurbishing a Russian Capture stock that has NO markings....could I borrow that stamp for a day? 8*P

Honestly, thats the reason why I never spend huge money on ANY German collectable. Fakes are abundant and it seems like guys spend way too much time chasing particular stamps more than the equimpent itself.

I think you should start stamping all your pocket change. Every penny, nickle dime and quarter and return them all to a coinstar machine. That will surely give some liberal a heart attack.

#10 ·
Its a property stamp, vs wafffens which were inspctors stamps. Looks to be about the right size for the stamp that usually appears on the right side of a K98 stock just below the takedown disk. Im actually in the process of refurbishing a Russian Capture stock that has NO markings....could I borrow that stamp for a day? 8*P

Honestly, thats the reason why I never spend huge money on ANY German collectable. Fakes are abundant and it seems like guys spend way too much time chasing particular stamps more than the equimpent itself.

I think you should start stamping all your pocket change. Every penny, nickle dime and quarter and return them all to a coinstar machine. That will surely give some liberal a heart attack.
Too funny lol and yes I am aware of the fake stamps these days tat is why when I buy ant German pieces I only do so from people whom I know well and trust.

#7 ·
The question is, given that this is the real deal- and it is not to go to any unscrupulous types- what is something like this worth to a legit collector? Any thoughts?

#9 ·
Well is has a number code on the side of 29 and when I get five minutes I will dig into it a bit more but I know for a fact it is legit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.