1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys this is not orthodox by any stretch but I would like to present this here because of the like minded people on this forum. I am not going to give all the details here due to the nature of this project but if you would like to know more please message me.

Many years ago I set out to find a piece of land where I could be left alone. A place where I could shoot my guns, set off my explosives (legally) and not see any lights at night....except my tracers :) I found that place and purchased about 1,300 acres. It was filled with canyons, hills, water and rocks...tons of rocks and desert terrain. It was also filled with strange geologic anomalies and vents from past volcanic activity. It also had dinosaur bones, old indian camps and drawings. It was a perfect place and then....the very large ranch next to me came up for sale. A ranch of over 18,000 acres. Roughly 10 miles across in any direction. I am in my mid life now and I believe that if I ever had a chance to preserve something this is it. This ranch has a 5,000 ft mountain on it, sustainable water, terrain that is very unique and diverse...tons of canyons and plateaus. It also has a guest lodge and a main house. There are many advantages to this property like ongoing income and other perks that I would be happy to discuss.

I have begun the contract process and am looking for a few investors to buy into this project. I will set up an escrow account, or you can, and the funds would be refunded 100% if it did not go through.

Here is what I am offering:

100% deeded ownership of a home site
I provide 60amp solar service to your site
I provide 3000 gallon water tank and fill it once from the spring
100% ownership of 1/4 acre on the runway for your plane or jeep etc...
rotating lottery of hunting blocks for mule deer, elk, aoudad, quail, dove etc
1 mile shooting range with mountain backstop
Undivided interest and ownership and use of 18,000+ acres
limited to 25 buyers (actually this is down to about 21)
The next two buyers get it at $ 425K
All remaining slots will be sold at $750K

Like I said if you are even remotely interested and a serious buyer please contact me through the messages on here. I took advantage of the times and am making a run at preserving this place. I and folks like us are getting crowded out, houses pop up all over the place, ordinances and rules choke our way of life. Out here...the pandemic could come and go and you would not know it. Other than by the internet which I will also be providing access to.

This place is the old west and I am doing everything I can to keep it from being chopped up and looking like tin foil scattered across the desert with little trailers everywhere...where people can look at the mountains and maybe get the feeling of freedom but not the true ability to practice it.

I'm just a guy that doesn't want to wonder what if one day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
18,000 acres is 5 miles in any direction. I own a 3000 acre ranch in California. It is paradise. Good luck with getting investors. It could be a good deal for someone. Post on calguns. A lot of conservative progun Californians leaving the state with a bunch of money.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Is it a secret to ask..."Where in Texas" this land is? Or whats the closest town with fuel and basic provisions. Texas is 660 miles wide and 790 miles long. Kinda makes a difference where. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
18,000 acres is 5 miles in any direction. I own a 3000 acre ranch in California. It is paradise. Good luck with getting investors. It could be a good deal for someone. Post on calguns. A lot of conservative progun Californians leaving the state with a bunch of money.

The way this property is laid out it is over 10 miles across in one direction and over 8 in another and squeezed a little in the middle down to about 7...it is not a perfect square by any stretch...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And thank you for the cal guns recommendation...I will do that now! :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
A 3/4 MILLION dollar co-op in the middle of nowhere? Bit of a tough pull on that don't you think. For THAT kind of money in TX I should EASILY be able to get hundreds of acres to shoot on all by myself, no?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A 3/4 MILLION dollar co-op in the middle of nowhere? Bit of a tough pull on that don't you think. For THAT kind of money in TX I should EASILY be able to get hundreds of acres to shoot on all by myself, no?
You might....but a hundred acres isn't what it used to be. I guess depends on what you shoot!! 😆

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The point of this is that for that kind of land could never be touched at that price. Also a hundred acres in Texas is not that cheap...and even once when I did buy some cheap desert land once...neighbors popped up right next to me. That will not happen here. Neighbors will be many miles away when you are exploring the interior of your property, with no chance of encroaching. A hundred acres can get more crowded around than you think. If you shoot mortars, explode things or shoot a .50....100 acres gets small really fast.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The point of this is that for that kind of land could never be touched at that price. Also a hundred acres in Texas is not that cheap...and even once when I did buy some cheap desert land once...neighbors popped up right next to me. That will not happen here. Neighbors will be many miles away when you are exploring the interior of your property, with no chance of encroaching. A hundred acres can get more crowded around than you think. If you shoot mortars, explode things or shoot a .50....100 acres gets small really fast.
While I understand that it is a big chunk of land, what they are selling is essentially a "co-op". For nearly a million dollars (still a pretty big chunk of money for TX land) I get a small desert parcel (no home built on it) and access to a bunch more. Sure but what company owns the larger tract? How are they funded? What is to say the company doesn't go BK and sell the rest of the land?+
Don’t worry about CalBar. He doesn’t understand what you are doing. 100 acres isn’t much.
I think I get it. A large piece of land came available and he doesn't have the money to buy it himself, so he wants to get a bunch of other people to fund it for him. What he is selling is a co-op. For nearly a million dollars I get a small undeveloped parcel in the desert and access to a bunch more. But who owns the large piece of land? What company has been set up to care for this land in perpetuity? How is it funded? What happens if I buy in and not enough others buy in to pay the taxes and upkeep on the property? This is not unlike a condo development. How do I sell it if I want out? How is that lot or interest valued? How will I be taxed on it? Are there association dues? Who sets those?
9*

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While I understand that it is a big chunk of land, what they are selling is essentially a "co-op". For nearly a million dollars (still a pretty big chunk of money for TX land) I get a small desert parcel (no home built on it) and access to a bunch more. Sure but what company owns the larger tract? How are they funded? What is to say the company doesn't go BK and sell the rest of the land?+

I think I get it. A large piece of land came available and he doesn't have the money to buy it himself, so he wants to get a bunch of other people to fund it for him. What he is selling is a co-op. For nearly a million dollars I get a small undeveloped parcel in the desert and access to a bunch more. But who owns the large piece of land? What company has been set up to care for this land in perpetuity? How is it funded? What happens if I buy in and not enough others buy in to pay the taxes and upkeep on the property? This is not unlike a condo development. How do I sell it if I want out? How is that lot or interest valued? How will I be taxed on it? Are there association dues? Who sets those?
9*
To be clear because I don't want someone reading this to misunderstand I will answer some of the questions here but please direct all others to private message.

Who owns the large portion? You own 1/25 undivided...not another company
What is on your "tiny parcel" 40 acres and I supply solar and a water tank filled once from the spring, then you build water catchment...it's not as bad as it seems.
All minerals convey with this sale, you will have 1/25th of minerals
A producing mine pays royalties to the ranch owners now, you will get 1/25th of these royalties, they more than cover the taxes

Look, I'm not trying to make a bunch of money here...in fact I am risking quite a bit. I don't want this place to once and for all turn into a crappy landscape of little parcels of trailers.

You have good questions and if you are a serious buyer please PM me. If you are one of the first two buyers you get this for $ 375K....hardly "nearly a million"...in fact less than a lot of motor homes...just that this is not made of fiber glass and will be worth something for your next generation.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry I meant 425K the 375K is my part of improvements on runway and guest lodging that is already present.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't want to clog up your ad or get into too many questions as you are right, they can (and should ) be answered in PM. However, I don't think you understand what you are getting into here. When I asked who owns the large chunk of land and you said each owner has an undivided interest, that is like a condo. Meaning while I own, run and pay for my 40 acres, there are obviously MILES of land and thousands of acres that still have to be managed (and paid for). The taxes on that land have to be paid. (TX property taxes are notoriously high) Roads have to be maintained. Infrastructure has to be maintained etc. All of that requires PERMANANT coordination. Usually coming from a non-profit corporation run in perpetuity by a board or other managing group. These condo organizations need to be funded (and funded well). So even if you can sell enough shares to buy the land initially, you will need much more to continue to pay the taxes and maintain that much land. You will need contracts and legal coordination to allow for sales of parcels and interests, valuation of those interests etc. Just things to think about and questions to answer. Best of luck on the project.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks man but there is so much more to this that will be answered, the taxes are covered by the mine. I have already seen the numbers and gone into contract. The roads are good, all 65 miles of them and we own our own equipment and have employees. There are fees to maintain this (again for PM discussion, not bank breakers) but as for the taxes, the whole place has an agricultural exemption and taxes would work out to under 600 dollars per person...I know you will find that hard to believe but it's true. The mine profits more than cover it...and what if the mine closes? well the place is still under the exemption and your taxes are still 600 dollars. Thanks for the discussion.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you thought I had just looked over there and said "man I want some people to buy that for me"...well that is not the case...yes I need help, but I have already begun the charge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts