1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have occasion to purchase several Palmetto Armory AR-10 .308 lowers. Not sure if they are configured like the Armalite,DPMS or other types to accept a particular mag. There are at least 4-major mfg.'s of this type weapon,so it gets a bit confusing trying to determine which type is like which other type,especially when it comes to fitting mags. Have also heard that Mag-Pull makes AR-10 type mags...but then again,not sure which type. So...question is,which mags would I have to purchase to fit the Palmetto made .308 lowers...?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I thought they were DPMS compatible, but this is what the site says for their AR-10 lowers:

.308 Caliber
Forged 7075-T6 Receiver
Hardcoat Anodized
Integrated Trigger Guard
Accepts SR-25 Type Magazines

The AR10 platform does not enjoy a common design between manufacturers, like the AR15. As a result, there can and will be subtle differences in the parts kits of various manufacturers. Some parts, like the fire control group, are shared with the AR15 platform to preserve the options for upgrading. For best results, we recommend only using PSA PA10 parts with our uppers and lower receivers. We do not recommend using other manufacturers parts in our products.

They also have some blem lowers I was looking at the other day and strangely enough they say "Accepts magpul mags". Both are listed as the "PA10" lower.

Brad - Big44maghunter

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Off of the Magpul Info on PMags.....

The 7.62x51 NATO (.308 Winchester) PMAG LR/SR GEN M3 is a lightweight, cost effective, high reliability magazine for SR25/M110 pattern rifles featuring a constant-curve body, anti-tilt follower, and snap on Impact/Dust Cover. Designed specifically for military-issue MK11/M110 rifles and SAAMI-spec ammunition, the PMAG LR/SR is less than half the weight of standard issue steel magazines and maintains a service life round count approximately equal to the rifle barrel itself.

Specifications:

Optimized for use with 7.62x51 NATO (308 Winchester) ammunition with an overall cartridge length less than 2.820", including M118LR
Additional commercial rifle compatibility includes the new Armalite AR-10A, Ruger SR-762, Bushmaster .308 ORC, Colt LE901-16S, CORE Rifle Systems CORE30, DPMS LR308, JP Enterprises LRP-07, KAC SR25, LaRue OBR, Les Baer .308, LMT .308 MWS, LWRCI REPR, Mega Arms MATEN, POF P-308, Remington R-25, S&W M&P10, SIG716, and others

Next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer construction
Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
High-quality stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance
Ribbed gripping surface and new aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling
Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with many pouches
Multi-use Impact/Dust Cover minimizes debris intrusion and protects cartridges from potential damage during storage and transit

NOTE: NOT compatible with Armalite AR-10B, Noveske N6, Springfield Armory M1A, Rock River Arms LAR8, FN SCAR 17S, PTR-91, HK417 or any other rifles that utilize M14, FN FAL, or HK 91/G3 patterned magazines

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
....all-right....

Thank you,guys...for a quick and informative tutorial. I was leaning toward Mag-Pull anyway...this just confirms my original thoughts. And in less than 1-hr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts