1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

I had a question about buying and assembling a kit. I did some research and see that if I buy a kit for myself, with no intention of building the kit for resell, then I don't need a FFL. My problem though is that I don't have all the tools/skill to re-weld a receiver, I would need to get a machine shop to do that for me. Would it be legal for someone else to re-weld the receiver for me? Again, this would be a kit for me, not trying to resell.

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
Are you asking about a weapon other than a 1919a4? Generally, If someone makes a firearm frame of receiver by welding together a bunch of scrap steel, they have manufactured a firearm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya this would be a Bren or DP28. I did read that if you put together a kit for yourself, you dont need a FFL 7, but I didnt know if bringing someone else into the picture to help changed things up. It would be re-welding a receiver that was cut up for import

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Yes, you have to weld it yourself.
While there are some good designs out there, getting a Bren to run correctly take A LOT of specially machined and finely tuned semi auto parts. None of them are easily produced at home. I dont know about a DP28 (never built one) but if go that route, make sure your kit has an intact front end. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts