1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we did get a chance to head up to the hunting grounds and do some shooting over the weekend. Never got the 1919 in the truck, but tested a lot of project builds, SBR's, BF troubleshoots, etc. Even broke out the old 1897 Win with some Triple 7 loads. Got about 10 rifles sighted in with new optics and red dots......finally! My newly SBR Thompson finally ran good after the extractor slid out of the bolt and I had to do a tear down. I was happy to see that.

A few clips of one of my sons, and even got myself in the bump-fire video.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Cool. And ALL "civilian" legal!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Looks like great weekend Brass and the bump fire looks like a hoot to shoot. I have been shooting twice in the past week myself which is not the norm for me but I was able to get a young guy behind a Garand for the first time in his life which he loved. Took my godson out also and put him behind the MG34 which is finally done and running flawless. Looks like you have been busy building this past winter I guess I need to catch up.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like great weekend Brass and the bump fire looks like a hoot to shoot. I have been shooting twice in the past week myself which is not the norm for me but I was able to get a young guy behind a Garand for the first time in his life which he loved. Took my godson out also and put him behind the MG34 which is finally done and running flawless. Looks like you have been busy building this past winter I guess I need to catch up.
It was fun Russ. It's been about 10 months since I got a chance to get up there and shoot, what with hip replacements and complications afterwards. Next time we'll get more and better clips - this was kind of a I-phone "hey take a movie" weekend. I remember putting one of my grandsons behind a Garand, an M14 {clone}, an M1 carbine, and a few other military guns. He also had a BLAST. It is fun to see their expressions [except for the 458 Lott CZ rifle - that was pure pain]. I imagine an MG34 would have made him quite happy! The bump fire shorty AR has been giving me headaches for two years, so I was happy to see it run the first day - day two it was finicky again. Next time I'll just grab the AC556 and play for real......:D

Hoping to head back up for Memorial Day [plus a few days] weekend and get some fields plowed and turned for food plots......and more shooting with the grand kids. Lots of 22 caliber stuff for them to play with. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts