1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently there are a ton of people bringing up 10 year old threads. I think a big part of the problem is how the search feature works. Perhaps the highly skilled Ayatollah who revamped the site can tweak the sort function so that when you accept the default "most relevant" it would sort by most relevant within date, with relevant items with latest post date appearing first.

Also what a darn shame the "*?%[email protected]& H1B kiddie web designer" who revamped the new site could not have had a few old timers on the forum USER test it before it was released. Unfortunately it appears they were too thrifty to bring in a pro, Frankie has offered to teach them how to create a new site without losing the look and feel of the old one if they are interested!

I am so tired of poor application design of websites both in the commercial and corporate world.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Recently there are a ton of people bringing up 10 year old threads. I think a big part of the problem is how the search feature works. Perhaps the highly skilled Ayatollah who revamped the site can tweak the sort function so that when you accept the default "most relevant" it would sort by most relevant within date, with relevant items with latest post date appearing first.

Also what a darn shame the "*?%[email protected]& H1B kiddie web designer" who revamped the new site could not have had a few old timers on the forum USER test it before it was released. Unfortunately it appears they were too thrifty to bring in a pro, Frankie has offered to teach them how to create a new site without losing the look and feel of the old one if they are interested!

I am so tired of poor application design of websites both in the commercial and corporate world.
So, in other words, they really screwed it up ? Hope they use some of the long time members to help
get it fixed.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Things I remember when I joined a million years ago, were the easily accessible things like Build tutorial and related subjects from Lobo that were sidebars to the home page. Also easily found was the approval letter we all built from. I am sure there is more from the old site that was easier to access but those were the tops.

Just my .02

Chris

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
More of a case of people not taking the time to look at the dates of the threads than anything to do with recent changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts