1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
It's going to be real interesting how this unfolds and it is defnitely a sensitive subject with us folks.

The word "premeditated" concerns me. That implies that the squad planned and schemed in advance to kill unarmed, non-combatant civilians that had no insurgent ties. I would think the prosecution would have a tough time proving that motive. Unfortunately, regardless of outcome, those guys military careers are probably over.

I know our guys/gals have to live, fight and die to a higher standard than our enemies (that's why we are who we are and not them), but I hope this is truly not a case of feeding our troops to the legal dogs as a political statement...time will tell.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
396 Posts
When it comes to these types of prosecutions, I get real concerned. I think that many of them are for political reasons and the troops are treated as expendable as any other piece of equipment. Remember the Col who put a pistol upside the Iraqs head and demanded information? To me that was good use of intelligence gathering, to the powers that be it was abuse. Stupid.
I have little faith that the military will act appropriately. I have to question when the higher ups dont back you, why go into the armed forces at all?
I pray for these and all of our troops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts