1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good source for a picatinny rail for the rear sight? I saw one for sale on bmgparts.com but its kinda pricey. Was hoping the experts here could help me on my search. It doesnt have to be picatinny, just something I can mount a modern sight on. I'm **** with the peep sight lol

Thanks

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,080 Posts
I am not aware of any other commercially available option. Without redesigning some elements of the 1919, there are not many options for how you mount an optic. If you have some fabrication skills, you could create something of your own.

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Have you tied it yet? Curious to know how well it is going to hold zero?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
BMGparts had 3 rail optic mount that clamped on the barrel jacket. Pic rails were at 9:00, 12:00 and 3:00 o’clock. It works great and I need a second one if anyone has one they would like to sell. Evidently the supplier does not make them anymore. Did you try that with just screws or did you weld it from the start? I got a steel rail I was going to mount with screws and Loctite on the top cover like that. Just haven’t got to it yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Toolman, I have only had it out once so far. Seems to be pretty good, although I haven’t put it on paper yet.
It consistently breaks 6” cinder rocks at 100-125 yards. The MRO is 2 moa dot and it’s on a sideloc qd mount.
I have a Fine set of Crankfire spade grips built by Rollin, so with no cheek weld and holding onto spade grips it’s surprisingly accurate. Further testing is needed......

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Well I would be more tha happy to come out and help you dial it in as long as you have beer and ammo lol not necessarily in that order that would be bad.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,080 Posts
HA! Nice. I’m a couple hours south of Rollin so bring him along!
Hmm. Our Empress, Katherine the Great of Oregon must have inverted the state, or else my compass is acting funny. Last I looked at the map you were two hours NORTH of me, lol. Nevertheless, I'll come along with Russ, whatever direction we have to go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts