1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still don't know if I get to keep her or not but that didn't stop me from tinkering. The steering was frozen up so that had to be worked on and the tires were rotted and flat so they impeded rolling her. Now she steers and rolls on rims so even if I have to give her back I can at least get her on and off the trailer easier. KevinT

003.jpg 005.jpg 010.jpg

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
go for it.

Im doing this stupid craftsman this summer......... so many tractors for sale around here lately.

Old folks are dying off. nobody to take care of this stuff.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The Allis G is one I also admired and wanted. My dad and I went through a tractor restoration phase about 10 years ago. We have a 1918 Fordson F (in progress), a 1927 Fordson F, a 1936 Farmall f-12 (if we get this one going we are going to name it Lazarus), a 1940 (41?) Farmall A (Restored for my son), a 1948 Gibson model D (Restored), a 1951 Allis Chalmers CA (@90%), a 1952 Massey Harris Pony (Restored), a 1953 Minneapolis Moline BG (pride and Joy, 1st restoration), a 1954 Minneapolis Moline BF (in pieces), a 1963 Farmall 140 (working garden tractor), and a 1964 Massey Ferguson 135. I restored a John Deere B for a fellow once. After that I decided I could not do work like that for anyone other than myself.

I have kind of drifted away from the farm machinery. We did the 1943 Willys MB, and a 1951 Dodge M37. I really appreciate the love that goes into such work.

I hope you get to keep the G, if for nothing else so that I can live vicariously through your experience.

I am still piddling along on that homemade 37mm ATG. It will be a while before I can focus on anything else.

Good luck!

Andy

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Looks like a big project Kevin.
I know you could make it like new should you decide to do so.
CaptMax

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
....project...?

Now THAT is a project...!!! And I thought playing around with oak and carriage bolts was enough torture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts