1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
...Got mine off Fleabay without the metal box. $160 . It fits perfect in a .50 cal. Ammo box and damn if it isn't more fun loading belts than it is firing them. I bought a Polish one. The Poles:lol: made stuff a little better than the Russians.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I bought one off GunBroker from a dealer in Warsaw, Poland this past summer. It was brand new. Took about a week shipping time.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Some of them come covered in cosmolene and its a pain to clean off all the books and crannies. Great loader once it's all cleaned up.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I got one off ebay too a while back. It was from Europe, Eastern block. It was a Russian version (black plastic handle). Its an awesome loader. He is the guy to buy from too! I hear the Russian ones work a bit better than the Polish version with wood handles but I have never used a wood handle version. My works great!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got one off ebay too a while back. It was from Europe, Eastern block. It was a Russian version (black plastic handle). Its an awesome loader. He is the guy to buy from too! I hear the Russian ones work a bit better than the Polish version with wood handles but I have never used a wood handle version. My works great!
Well, I'd have to disagree about the Soviet vs. Polish versions. I've got both and I prefer the Polish. I've had a bunch of them over they years and the Polish ones seem to be smoother in operation with less misfeeds that the Soviet version. Also, the Polish ones are generally more readily available. Either way, they are just way cool in how they orient the ctg for ramming into the belt and they are superior to most other loaders as they stop advancing the belt when they misfeed (and every loader does). The Polish ones are adjustable for ctg. feeding (Soviet version is not) and generally come in a metal box with spares. I'll have my Polish one on the line at KCR loading PK belts to use in a Vickers (Isn't it strange . . . a Polish loader loading Bulgarian or Hungarian ammo into Soviet belts to be fired in a British gun (converted to 7.62x54R, of course.)

OREO

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Well, I'd have to disagree about the Soviet vs. Polish versions. I've got both and I prefer the Polish. I've had a bunch of them over they years and the Polish ones seem to be smoother in operation with less misfeeds that the Soviet version. Also, the Polish ones are generally more readily available. Either way, they are just way cool in how they orient the ctg for ramming into the belt and they are superior to most other loaders as they stop advancing the belt when they misfeed (and every loader does). The Polish ones are adjustable for ctg. feeding (Soviet version is not) and generally come in a metal box with spares. I'll have my Polish one on the line at KCR loading PK belts to use in a Vickers (Isn't it strange . . . a Polish loader loading Bulgarian or Hungarian ammo into Soviet belts to be fired in a British gun (converted to 7.62x54R, of course.)

OREO
I had forgotten to mention the Polish loader I received came with a bag of spare parts and tools.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts