1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals I would like to here everyone's comments, advice on which way you think the future of the Plinker's jig should go. I have been asked by a few board members to make it taller to do the one rivet by the pawl brackets on the 50's I had not done that earlier as it will add more bits, time and expense and I was trying to keep the cost down. So what I am thinking of doing is offering two different models one for just the 30 cal's and the new model for the 50 cal's which would be in the 225.00 range. The new 50 jig would still do a 30 cal. but I know some here will not do a 50 so I think a dedicated 30 jig makes sense and keeps the cost down for the guys that only need that. All comments and suggestions are welcome so fire away! Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Absolutely sounds like the best solution to help everyone to me! Thank You Very Much for doing this Russ!

Mike--Mustangman7

Now if only I could get Christos to return mine!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Toolmanm203, I think that sound's like a good idea. Just to let everyone know I received my jig for the 50 a week or so ago, what a Quality made tool !! haven't used it yet (still waiting on me parts from Christos) but watched the video on youtube , makes it look too easy! Fast shipping. THANKS Toolman:thanks:
Greg

·
Registered
114 Posts
A dedicated 50 cal jig sounds like a great idea and I think the price is reasonable. The dedicated 30 cal jig, like you said, still allows those builders to save a little money. Sounds like a good deal for everyone! Thanks for a great tool!

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, because your asking..fixtures for the 1928 Colt WC?
John not sure if you saw the thread on that a year or so back but I tried and could not come up with a cost effective way of doing a fixture for the 28 Colt's on the Plinker's jig. I did try and nothing made me happy as I was unable to achieve consistent results. Russ

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just received my jig, if you are thinking about getting one, don't hesitate. They are well built, come with a number of accessories, and toolmanm203 got it out to me very quickly.

Thanks Again...
Bryan

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I don't see any reason (if the price increase is not too much) not to make it a multi-caliber tool. Not that I expect to make a .50, but that way if I had one, maybe it'd get me accustomed to accommodation and different procedures if I were to work alongside those who do. I've seen .50's being made, but never watched and paid much attention to it, and I imagine the procedure for riveting is much the same. This way I'd be more likely to get involved. The availability of a multi-purpose tool of whatever kind makes it more attractive to some.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts