1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I was at our tiny little post office picking up mail, I met a guy who runs river trips down the grand canyon so I stopped to ask him how he was getting to down to the river,right now we have a 70,000 acre forest fire going on up in the mountains 30 miles south of us and the main road south 89A has been closed for almost a week now,so for him to get to the river to put their boats in he has to drive an hour and a half to go around,versus the normal 45 minute trip,so we were standing in the outer office where our post office boxes are located and one of the women that works there came out and told us we couldn't be in there without a face mask!
I guess the Phoenix area is having an uptick in cases,but Phoenix is 7 hours away,our area has had no cases of the virus!
So this morning I had to mail a box so I went out to my WW2 collection and pulled out my gas mask and wore it into the post office,I can be just as illy as they can!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our post office is almost that bad,they have a habit of giving packages to the wrong people,and if those people are trash they don't bother telling them it's not theirs!
I stopped in this afternoon to pick up some packages for my wife and the postmaster and her friend were both at the front counter without mask on!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Sent payment for a pm63 barrel back in the begining of April and the mfg just emailed me he received it this Saturday the 20th of July. Yep just like green acres here too. Had a girlfriend once that worked in the post office too, she mostly laid around the house and did nothing but drink mountain dew, watch tv and try to think of get rich quick schemes while I worked hard and paid all the bills. She did not last long.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,295 Posts
It is getting so bad here i am about to break out the Battle Dry suit only head hands and feet are exposed but i would cook in it and one of my NBC masks only i can`t get the necessary chems for decontamination shower . No Isopropyl alcohol is avaliable except 99.9% for 30 bucks a steel can gallon and they ran out !! We have not had it ,hydrogen peroxide or even wipes for Months here !!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the last 4 months I have had more packages get lost then I have in the last 5 years! I found that if your package is bouncing around and not getting through you have to file a lost package report,then usually within three days it gets where it is supposed to go.
I talked to a postmaster out in California and he said the distribution centers are completely screwed up because so many of the workers would rather stay home and collect unemployment!

·
BeltFed GURU
4,295 Posts
I am with ya Linc i just got a package that does not even show delivered all the way from Kali and on time ,you have to realizes USPS is moving Billions of packages ,far in excess of normal load !! I have a very conscious rural carrier nice lady but they don`t even dare my road two apartment towers feed us mile from the house .It seems only the occasional substitute pooches it !!

Fastmonkey i am going to take that tail and wail the tar out of you LOL all that new sealed Survival equipment but i know the game too and there is more than one way to shrink wrap a "cat" .......

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I would say that if the requirement of an establishment is that you wear a mask you either wear one or don't go in. The workers don't need a bunch of crap from customers, they are doing a necessary job, enforcing managements rules and are taking the risk serving the public. I respect that and won't like to trade places with them. Just my opinion.

·
11,226 Posts
I’m with @redroth on this one. Also, at worst it’s a minor inconvenience you have to wear a mask. I’m totally ok with it.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Obviously you guys missed my reply a couple post back,I went in this afternoon and the postmaster and her friend,a postal worker from another town,both were at the front counter without a mask! So it can't be that big of an issue,either that or they don't think the rules apply to them,but I would think if everybody working there thought it was that important they would be following the rules as well.
I have always had problems with people telling me to do something when they don't do it them selves,like the local highway patrol that gives you a ticket for speeding but you see that same person and his wife blow by you in his personal car,or corrupt politicians getting away with stuff us normal people go to jail for,if it's rule for one it should be a rule for all.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Be cautious with old respirators/gas masks. The filters contained asbestos which after 50+ years will be breaking down to dust and you know what happens next.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
it even can be much worser then that, i had some antiques shipped to me at the beginning of april
, tracking showed accepting at postoffice , the last scan that i then saw was at april 25th at jamaica int distribution center
were now at june 23th, stil nothing
then recieved info via a friend that USPS is moving a lott of mail via containers and sea transport for destinations in europe..
in all years importing antique guns, never had this situation, pretty weird,
but moving stuff the other way around is giving delays also, but atleast the stuff is shipped out is been delivered, altough with delay, it arrives

·
Premium Member
5,404 Posts
I just got a letter from California that took over 11 days to get here and finally got a postcard from Italy that was sent over 10 weeks ago! I am still waiting on a box for the Revelli I bought from a guy in Italy back in March.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I'm waiting on overseas packages shipped as long ago as 4/27.

I am watching tracking on several items from the UK and EU that normally would have passed through the New York International Service Center (ISC), that have instead entered the country through the Chicago ISC. New York has a 2-3 month backlog according to my mail carrier, so they must be diverting to avoid further pile-up.

I can personally attest to that backlog with items arriving some 90 days after shipment from eastern EU. :oops:

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm waiting on overseas packages shipped as long ago as 4/27.

I am watching tracking on several items from the UK and EU that normally would have passed through the New York International Service Center (ISC), that have instead entered the country through the Chicago ISC. New York has a 2-3 month backlog according to my mail carrier, so they must be diverting to avoid further pile-up.

I can personally attest to that backlog with items arriving some 90 days after shipment from eastern EU. :oops:
In the same boat, I have a package coming from the Netherlands that has been sitting at the Chicago ISC for over a month. Normally I’d be beyond pissed off but given the circumstances not a big deal.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
In May I sent 18 insured priority mail flat rate boxes to the same address in the mid-west at the same time, two boxes got there in 2 days, the remaining boxes took between 4 days and 16 days. On three of those boxes I had to file an inquiry with the post office before they actually moved.

Overseas mail is taking 6 - 8 weeks.

Bought a fairly large item from the UK a few weeks ago, it shipped eBay Global shipping, showed up in 3 days as eBay shipped by FedEx express, go figure!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts