1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Mail to-from NY and FL is taking 14-15 days to IN. Bought stamp in TX,shipped 4 Jun...still not here.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
In May I sent 18 insured priority mail flat rate boxes to the same address in the mid-west at the same time, two boxes got there in 2 days, the remaining boxes took between 4 days and 16 days. On three of those boxes I had to file an inquiry with the post office before they actually moved.

Overseas mail is taking 6 - 8 weeks.

Bought a fairly large item from the UK a few weeks ago, it shipped eBay Global shipping, showed up in 3 days as eBay shipped by FedEx express, go figure!
How do you file an inquiry with USPS?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is a link on the postal service home page,at the top of the page is a list of link go to the help link and scroll down you will find a missing package section,you will need all the shipping info both sender and receiver,you have a couple of forms to fill out,usually you will get a phone call from your post office and the one that is supposed to get the package,which is stupid because there isn't anything they can do,but usually within 2-3 day the package will be found in the system and delivered.
Overseas mail is another story,once it leaves our shores anything goes,and I make sure people know this because there isn't anything we can do about it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have had NO problems down here in Texas except for 4 or five packages that were shipped from China back in the beginning of the plague. They took, 5 weeks to arrive. languishing in Singapore for about 3 weeks. US mail is fine. PO people are wearing masks but no one else is.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My understanding on the foreign stuff is that some countries are requiring any mail to go via ship instead of by air to allow extra time for any hitchhiking virus to die. And as the foreign stuff comes in the USPS lets it set for a few days for the same reason. I was told this by the USPS, a guy in Poland I bought stuff from that took 2 1/2 months to get here, and a guy in Bulgaria.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I just received two packages today that were shipped Royal Mail from England.

Package 1 shipped on March 6th
Package 2 shipped on June 16th

Makes no sense!

·
Registered
81 Posts
USPS can be really iffy.
On the Plus side, I shipped an AK to Tucson and they showed delivery, but the FFL said he didn't get in. I put in an on-line report and within 2 hours actually received a personal phone call from the post office out there. They had already pulled the gps tracker info from the USPS truck used to make deliveries and were ON IT.
Turns out the rifle had been delivered, as the tracker said, but no one at the front desk let the FFL know. Still, good to know USPS takes their job seriously, at least in Tucson.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
I have a box I bought for the Revelli in Italy back in March and am still waiting...............Maybe they tied it to a turtles tail?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I have a box I bought for the Revelli in Italy back in March and am still waiting...............Maybe they tied it to a turtles tail?
...and set that turtle in the ocean to swim it to you!!! :cry:;)

Mine from March 6th just arrived this past week so hopefully things are pushing through and you'll have your box soon!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts