1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, another post dealt with some questions about a lake side mini. I will never be able to get one. I'd rather finish my 50 for less money but they are still super cool. So post up your pics and stories about the 1919s little brother!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I guess I’ll start.

IMG_2255.JPG

IMG_2256.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG

Currently building a 1917 and a M37. The back half’s are pretty much the same so making those parts in pairs.

IMG_2724.JPG

Should have these two finished up in a couple of weeks. Then plan on start on a M2 aircraft which was never offered by LS or Tippman nut I’ll need it to complete the collection.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I?ll start.

[iurl="http://1919a4.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58138&stc=1&d=1511317069"]
[/iurl]

[iurl="http://1919a4.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58146&stc=1&d=1511317124"]
[/iurl]

[iurl="http://1919a4.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58154&stc=1&d=1511317174"]
[/iurl]

Currently building a 1917 and a M37. The back half?s are pretty much the same so making those parts in pairs.

[iurl="http://1919a4.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58162&stc=1&d=1511317314"]
[/iurl]

Should have these two finished up in a couple of weeks. Then plan on start on a M2 aircraft which was never offered by LS or Tippman nut I?ll need it to complete the collection.
Awesome, so what did a kit come with if all this machining was required?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
kit came with a hope and a dream.

with a large side of disappointment. :)
Laughed out loud at that response!

These things fascinate me. I'm surprised in this age of programmable CNC and metal injection molding (MIM) that nobody has taken something like this up again, except in a more complete form, and of course semi-auto only. Probably cost prohibitive even with current technology but considering some of the mini steam engines I have seen, a 1919 would be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I looked into getting the rights to production of one or more of the minis from Eric at Lakeside a couple years back. At the time he really wanted to sell the whole company, which I didn't want, so discussions tailed off. He has Tippmann's original drawings which are impressively skilled hand drafting, plus CNC code and casting patterns and what all.

Based on ATF AFMER data there's demand from a very few people, then the purchases tail off fast, so most shops with the capability to produce them them have found more profitable things to do. Part of it is the extensive line of accessories-- ammo cans, belts, loaders, crates and so on that Eric did a good job of providing, but are additional work to reproduce for anyone wanting to sell complete setups. The Razorback .22 upper is probably where the volume is.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked into getting the rights to production of one or more of the minis from Eric at Lakeside a couple years back. At the time he really wanted to sell the whole company, which I didn't want, so discussions tailed off. He has Tippmann's original drawings which are impressively skilled hand drafting, plus CNC code and casting patterns and what all.

Based on ATF AFMER data there's demand from a very few people, then the purchases tail off fast, so most shops with the capability to produce them them have found more profitable things to do. Part of it is the extensive line of accessories-- ammo cans, belts, loaders, crates and so on that Eric did a good job of providing, but are additional work to reproduce for anyone wanting to sell complete setups. The Razorback .22 upper is probably where the volume is.
Good info. I bet if someone produced these at a cost equal to or less than a semi 1919 build (say 4000ish) itd be a hit. I think the high price and heavy machining puts people back. I didn't realize so much machining was in order.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Eric has a watercooled 50 (mini) kit listed on GB. Its not cheap.

Theres another guy with an improved "Razorback" listed. Sounds like perhaps they are producing
new uppers and may venture into more. Might give them a call.

Search lakeside on GB and you will find both.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just don't see the desire in a 22lr beltfed upper. 556 or 9mm sure. 22lr not for me. Now the 1/2 scale 50s and 1919s yes!!! If there were a 50 mini for less than the cost of a 50 semi build I'd be all in.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I just don't see the desire in a 22lr beltfed upper. 556 or 9mm sure. 22lr not for me. Now the 1/2 scale 50s and 1919s yes!!! If there were a 50 mini for less than the cost of a 50 semi build I'd be all in.

Think outside the box...

The uppers ( Razorbnack) share some of the same parts as the mini 1919 kits.
Sacrafice an AR lower.( dirt cheap..$25 bux this weekend)...Chop magwell & trigger guard off.
Run a set of spades(KNS) or improvized.
With some fluff & a cleverly designed "chassi"...you could have basicly what your looking for
complete and running in short order for 1500--2k depending on spades etc.

Eric made some 1919 "razorback " type uppers. There weren't many but were listed here.
I purchased the bbl jacket & a few other parts last year from Him for the above described project
as the mini kits are way past my budget. Already have a spare Razorback to work with.

look in here if you wish.....

http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?43718-WTS-Razorback-beltfed-22LR-upper-for-the-M16-in-stock-ready-to-ship-now!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Think outside the box...

The uppers ( Razorbnack) share some of the same parts as the mini 1919 kits.
Sacrafice an AR lower.( dirt cheap..$25 bux this weekend)...Chop magwell & trigger guard off.
Run a set of spades(KNS) or improvized.
With some fluff & a cleverly designed "chassi"...you could have basicly what your looking for
complete and running in short order for 1500--2k depending on spades etc.
http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?43718-WTS-Razorback-beltfed-22LR-upper-for-the-M16-in-stock-ready-to-ship-now!
If a you got one of the razorback pistol kits that moves the recoil spring into the top plate then you could do away with the buffer tube too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts