1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I’m a newly minted 07/02....I’m curious as to what all is involved in taking my semi out 1919 and making a post sample bolt for it. Plz PM me so it’s not posted out there for the whole wide world to see.

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
You need another full set of internals. Machined for your denial bar. Register and engrave your bolt. That's it. Really simple. Also no need to pm. Everyone knows this here. lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I was being a little overly cautious openly discussing the conversion of a semi to full knowing some moron will try to do so illegally lol

Full internals-complete bolt machined to clear (I knew that much lol) but a FA trigger and what else? Figure if I got the host gun sitting there I might as well do demos on that and let the transferables sit in the safe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah I have a semi I converted and registered the bolt and 2 where I machined the denial bar off. That was actually easier lol.

. But if someone without the sot feels like a vacation let em. But yah you don't Need anything else. Just another set of internals complete and Machined. Register bolt. You're done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Guess I was being a little overly cautious openly discussing the conversion of a semi to full knowing some moron will try to do so illegally lol

Full internals-complete bolt machined to clear (I knew that much lol) but a FA trigger and what else? Figure if I got the host gun sitting there I might as well do demos on that and let the transferables sit in the safe.
I would talk to pickles he knows alot about this topic

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this but in reverse...I have a Post-86 1919A4 and am thinking about converting it to semi and then machining a post-sample bolt for it as I'd probably shoot it more in semi than I have in full auto. If nothing else I could build up one of the extra kits as a semi and use that one to host the post-sample bolt but that kind of defeats the purpose since I already have the other as a Post-86.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thats what i am going to do. i built 2 post samples. and when i give up my SOT i will just take the RHSP off and sell those on a no letter deal and just buy semi RHSP and have Brain machine my internals.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm not sure you will be able to do that your post sample will be listed as a complete gun on the form 2 not a side plate. I believe you will have to destroy the side plate as you won't be able to transfer it as a side plate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts