1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about a year ago I picked up a PPS-43 pistol imported from the Radom factory. After putting 8 mags through her and ensuring she ran well, I sent in the Form 1 to SBR the gun. As I'm sure some of you know, these are nearly complete as pistols, you only need to reconfigure the stock release to allow the stock to function as it should.

Here's a picture before hand:

photo 2(2).jpg

So first step was to remove the current push button for the stock release so it could be correctly setup to work. It would appear that on my gun the pin that travels through the gun was peened over.

photo 4(1).jpg

So, on to the drill press with some canvas material to protect the finish, and in short order it was through.

photo 3(1).jpg

photo 2(1).jpg

Drive the pin out and the entire assembly is left over.

photo 1(1).jpg

Now time to drill the hole in the top of the receiver large enough to receive the pin. The head of the pin is right at 0.382"

photo 5.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Now it just a matter of adding a spring between the push button head and the part the pin passes through before it reaches the stock release mechanism.

photo 2.jpg

And putting the assembly back together.

photo 4(2).jpg

photo 5(1).jpg

Then a little bit of fun with the wire welder, and the assembly is back together for good.

photo 3(2).jpg

And the finished product:

photo 1(2).jpg

All and all it took perhaps 45 minutes to do. The gun points much better off the shoulder now, which is great. I need to make a new quick disconnect cross pin for holding the upper and lower together. The current design is permanent, which is a pain when cleaning it.

Thanks, hope this helps someone who wants to SBR theirs as well, I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Good work, and I totally agree. I did mine some time ago, and it is definitely much more fun to shoot as an SBR. How long did your form1 take for approval? I hear they are running pretty far behind these days.....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right at 8.5 months from the date of the check being cashed for this one to go through. However, my 1909 Hotchkiss was just approved the end of last month, and it only took 6 months from the date the check was cashed to approval. If the 6 month deal holds then my Lahti will come through the end of this month, followed by my AVT-40 in October I hope!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slugcatcher, I've got a Auto Ordnance 1927 rifle model that I would like to SBR. I took it on trade, just need to send in the forms and then get the shorter barrel.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
shop around,, i got an original 28' barrel with a Cutts on it for $40.

did the barrel work myself ... you gotta be careful or things get smooshed, and the wrench stays at the very end of the receiver.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Or you could put or{make} a fake suppreser for it

Or you could put or{make} a fake suppreser for it
2014-04-05 15.51.05.jpg 2014-04-04 20.27.24.jpg 2014-04-04 20.28.36.jpg Aurora43s%20Large.jpg

I made mine with washers, patio umbrella {for outside} and duster handle { barrel}
I now Im cheap

·
Registered
387 Posts
And the finished product:

View attachment 10908

All and all it took perhaps 45 minutes to do. The gun points much better off the shoulder now, which is great. I need to make a new quick disconnect cross pin for holding the upper and lower together. The current design is permanent, which is a pain when cleaning it.

Thanks, hope this helps someone who wants to SBR theirs as well, I highly recommend it!
Get the H&K quick dis. pin it works good

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slugcatcher,

One other question, will the M1 style hand guard attached without any issue to the existing hand guard bracket? I like the looks of yours. Great rear site, ribbed barrel, cutts, but I prefer the M1 hand guard.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I SBR'd my 7.62x25 PPS43 a couple years back, and it is a lot more enjoyable to shoot with the stock.

the problem is that once my supply of 7.62x25 runs out, it will just be a nice wall hanger. about a month ago I bought a PPS43 pistol in 9mm for 299 bucks, with shipping it came to 314 bucks.

when my x25 runs out, I'm going to contact NFA branch to amend the caliber and replace the barrel and bolt on my registered SBR.

right now, I am 99 percent complete on making a drum for the 9mm PPS43, like I did for my x25 PPS43, but using a SUMOI drum. :)

only thing left to do is to take it to a buddy who is a welder and have the feed tower welded on.

he's been really busy so while waiting for him to have a hour to spare, I had this other evil idea of making a drum for my COBRA 9mm M11 using a SUMOI drum, since I found that there is a company making steel M11 mags :)

I need to make a new quick disconnect cross pin for holding the upper and lower together. The current design is permanent, which is a pain when cleaning it.
really? I don't find it a pain at all to clean the gun with the upper receiver hinged to the lower. fact is it's much easier to clean then a AK

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'm going to contact NFA branch to amend the caliber and replace the barrel and bolt on my registered SBR.
not required but helps if you ever plan on selling it.

I reload for 762 tok , but these are harsh on brass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts