1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest small acquisition, 1955 dated PPSH 41 manual. Very well made, I expected the usual thin paper back binding but this is similar to a hardback book. Interesting also were the charts showing the accessories issued with the weapon.

·
Registered
680 Posts
There is an english translation of this manual for sale on ebay from time to time. There are some really neat drawings in some of the manuals. They actually printed one each year of the war as well as some post war reprints Text Invitation Font Paper

·
Registered
391 Posts
can you post some pics OF "charts showing the accessories issued with the weapon"

thank you

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
can you post some pics OF "charts showing the accessories issued with the weapon"

thank you
I am concerned with breaking the spine on my copy putting it flat in the scanner. Below is a list of the accessories -

Oil/solvent bottle - same type as you see with Mosin 91/30s.
Two piece cleaning rod - same type as shown here - http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/PPSH-41-CLEANING-ROD-NEW-p3405.htm
Folding screw driver - same type as shown here - http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/FOLDING-SCREW-DRIVER-SOVIET-PPSH-41-15p204.htm
Bore brush
Punch
Key (КЛЮЧ) - front sight adjustment tool.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bumped to the top. Added list of accessories shown in manual.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
View attachment 14591
Here are some of the different magazines made for the PPSH41 in Russia
I have some with a marking that have the marking КШ. Are you familiar with that one?

At one time I had a chart that showed the various markings on PPSH magazines but I have not been able to locate it in some time.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Wallet Leather Synthetic rubber

Here are a couple more I have. I am not sure about two of the mags' markings. The flat mag is shown on that list you posted. There is also a pic of the original German adapter and the mystery mag.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yes you are right I missed that. I knew the flat mag was on the sheet but I didnt look close enough at the other. Nice to keep finding out more about all the markings. Thanks

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes you are right I missed that. I knew the flat mag was on the sheet but I didnt look close enough at the other. Nice to keep finding out more about all the markings. Thanks
For me the research has always been the fun part of this hobby.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts