1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gearing up to finally start enjoying the 1919A4 I've owned for many years but only fired once when I first got it. It came with the pistol grip and a set of spade grips. I have a tripod, bipod, and a shoulder stock arriving soon from Apex. I'm thinking I'll like the bipod with shoulder stock because of how it looks and want to feel some recoil if possible. Then the spade grips should be fun when it's on the tripod.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm gearing up to finally start enjoying the 1919A4 I've owned for many years but only fired once when I first got it. It came with the pistol grip and a set of spade grips. I have a tripod, bipod, and a shoulder stock arriving soon from Apex. I'm thinking I'll like the bipod with shoulder stock because of how it looks and want to feel some recoil if possible. Then the spade grips should be fun when it's on the tripod.
The spade grips are definitely the way to go! with a little practice, you can bump fire it to close FA rates of fire(y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the tripod, never tried it with the bipod, but I suppose it is doable....I will have to try it on my next outing
Interesting, I figured the tripod would prevent much recoil... this sounds like it's going to be fun. I'm glad I pecked away at prepping a whole lot 308 brass over the years. Got a bunch of it loaded up and ready to shoot too. Sounds like I might be needing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gear arrived. Bipod looks great but has a minor issue that should be an easy fix, tripod is ugly but functional, pintle might be NOS. Overall... satisfied.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Gear arrived. Bipod looks great but has a minor issue that should be an easy fix, tripod is ugly but functional, pintle might be NOS. Overall... satisfied.
Those tripods clean up real nice and if you blast and repark it will look like new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just picked up a tripod from Apex a couple weeks ago. I went with the WW2 dated “Good” condition. After a little elbow grease and citrastrip to remove the tan paint it cleaned up well. Park underneath was in great condition so I’m not worrying about refinishing. It is an Evans Products manufactured one dated 1942.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just picked up a tripod from Apex a couple weeks ago. I went with the WW2 dated “Good” condition. After a little elbow grease and citrastrip to remove the tan paint it cleaned up well. Park underneath was in great condition so I’m not worrying about refinishing. It is an Evans Products manufactured one dated 1942.
Good to know... I might try that. How much stripper did you end up needing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good to know... I might try that. How much stripper did you end up needing?
I used maybe a quarter of the 32oz gel version. I put it on with a small paint brush. Using heavy coats and letting it sit for several hours got me the best results. Dental picks and acetone got the hard to reach areas. I housed it down with water afterwards and rubbed it down with steel wool and balistol.

·
Premium Member
8,353 Posts
I did a few of the tripods that came from APEX and they turned out great. Once I got the paint off and welded the holes in the feet I reparked them and they look awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts