1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I am trying to figure the going price for a Breda M37 parts kit, spare parts chest, and tripod. I know the tripods are unobtainable these days as IMA has been sold out for quite some time as well as out of the parts kits. I remember seeing one tripod at the Creek last April on MG Charlie's table but don't know what it sold for. Any ideas what a complete set up like this is going for??? I won't be separating the pod from the kit in case your wondering. I do not have the AA kit but I do see them for sale every now and then. I will post pictures when I have a price in mind and list it for sale.
CaptMax

·
Registered
434 Posts
The only tripod I've seen for sale lately is $1995 but is not selling on Gunbroker. I saw one sell for $1500 about a year ago. There is a kit, pod and AA for sale right now on GB for $2500 with reserve (no bids), but it too is not selling. Also $1300 kit on GB.

I think the value is in the 2-2500 range for pod and kit. I bought a pod and dummy about a year or two ago for 1400.

Brad - Big44maghunter.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only tripod I've seen for sale lately is $1995 but is not selling on Gunbroker. I saw one sell for $1500 about a year ago. There is a kit, pod and AA for sale right now on GB for $2500 with reserve (no bids), but it too is not selling. Also $1300 kit on GB.

I think the value is in the 2-2500 range for pod and kit. I bought a pod and dummy about a year or two ago for 1400.

Brad - Big44maghunter.
Thanks Big44maghunter, The one on gun broker has only one barrel and no spare parts or tools. Mine has two barrels, spares and tools as well as the tripod and transit chest. I know the last kit & tripod I saw sell was at the creek and it went for $2800. That was a year ago in April.
CaptMax

·
Registered
63 Posts
Personally I think 2K for the tripod is too much and 1000 for the kit alone about right. That's excluding the spares, etc. The Breda is a refined taste. Doesn't draw the crowds around it like an overpriced PKM, which without question there are more of than semi-Bredas. However, I think $3K is about right. I'd be interested but already have a set up.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That was a super deal Brad. I think MGDave priced it at 1800 sold that pod to another vendor farther down on the right and it was priced at 1950 no AA. If it sold it must have been near the end of the show. 1800-2000 for the basic pod no AA is a great find if you want a rare mount for the collection or badly needing one for a kit. The problem is there are no conversions to run a M37 on a different tripod and it kind of defeats the purpose and collectability to that platform. I thinks that why the kits didn't sell that good because of the lack of pods and the 8mm shortage. When the kits were 680 or under a 1000., only second hand now you would think the price should go up but the M37 are a different animal. There are really no trasferables and the price point to do a semi is now hard to swallow if the kit price increases much more in my opinion. First IMA sold out of the spare gunners kits which had a spare gas regulator. Some of the Bredas IMA had left the gas regulator was missing. That should be a problem with a build. Sounds like your set is a good one. I kind of agree with fozziebear they don't draw the crowds, but they interest the refined collector. And also I would have said a 1917a1 pod shouldn't cost 1500-2000 but now they seem to go there, and a Breda mount is 1000 times more rare.
The M37 tripod with its elevation and horizontal control is one of the nicest controlling tripods out there next to a 1917a1. Love mine and plan to use it more and I don't have a Breda.

Aaron

Brad - Big44maghunter.

·
Registered
145 Posts
M37 Breda

I bought the kit from MG Charlie, spring 2015 shoot. Paid $2750.00. Kit, transit chest, tripod, and 2 crates of Ammo trays. Kit was numbers matching (except receiver), with two barrels (A and B), and overlapping receiver pieces. Tripod was in excellent condition with original data plate. More than I wanted to spend, but they are getting hard to come by. I broke it down like this: $1500 tripod, $1000 kit, and $250 transit chest and ammo trays/crates. I feel I paid a premium for it, but today's premiums will seem like bargains in a few short years.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
R.S. Mtn. writes "…..There are really no transferables."
There are a few transferables that I know of, and I own one of them. It is a reactivated DEWAT and I set it up in 7.92 using the Portuguese contract parts and strippers brought in by IMA. There are 12 pre-May samples, if I recall correctly, as well.
FWIW

·
Registered
735 Posts
I know of a transferable in an old collection. Looks like it's a rewat, but I don't think it's fully functioning due to some damaged parts. Neat guns.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That was a super deal Brad.
I agree, what I got my tripod and dummy gun for is not a good comparable. That's why I jumped on it when I saw it offered. I really wanted a complete kit but I too had just seen the tripod alone sell for 1500, so I got this. Someday I would like to get a complete kit and the AA stuff too.

Brad - Big44maghunter

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a complete kit in transit box with the receiver chunks, two barrels, tripod with aa extension, armorers kit, ammo trays in box that id like to sell at some point. I will wait until the person who started this thread sells his, if thats what he is trying to do. This stuff weighs a ton, so would prefer not to ship. Im in the eastern PA area.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a complete kit in transit box with the receiver chunks, two barrels, tripod with aa extension, armorers kit, ammo trays in box that id like to sell at some point. I will wait until the person who started this thread sells his, if thats what he is trying to do. This stuff weighs a ton, so would prefer not to ship. Im in the eastern PA area.
Thanks for being courteous Belty, I will be listing mine by the weekend when I can get better pictures. :thumbup:
CaptMax

1 - 13 of 13 Posts