1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bren MKII built by a reputable builder as well as a load of accessories for it that I am contemplating on putting up for sale.
This has the tripod with carry straps, a chest full of mags, and several Bren tools with it. What I am looking for is a good idea of what to ask for the whole set up?
This would only be for sale to help fund the Ferret project otherwise I would never even consider selling it.
I have the Browning 1919 for the Ferret turret and if I put an external mount on the hull it would be for the Vickers, ZB37, or a M2HB.:D
CaptMax
Ps. If I do sell items separately the tripod is already spoken for. Yes Ed, this would be for you. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Probably only about 1200.00 maybe a bit more as the market is really soft on these but just to be a good guy I will offer 1500.00 and buy you a hot dog at the creek :D I really hate to see you sell this although it is for a worthy cause I guess? I really don't know the market on them captmax but with so few out there that ever got built this would be a great score for someone.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably only about 1200.00 maybe a bit more as the market is really soft on these but just to be a good guy I will offer 1500.00 and buy you a hot dog at the creek :D I really hate to see you sell this although it is for a worthy cause I guess? I really don't know the market on them captmax but with so few out there that ever got built this would be a great score for someone.
Russ, That is very generous of you but I couldn't take advantage of you like that. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if you went overboard like that and purchased a hotdog for me. :rofl:
CaptMax

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ps. If I do sell items separately the tripod is already spoken for. Yes Ed, this would be for you. :thumbup:
CaptMax, I really appreciate you keeping me in mind, but I hate to see you depleting your collection for this project. So, I think you need to just scrap the whole thing, and as a friend, I'll volunteer to dispose of the Ferret for you. :D

Seriously though, I would think that as a package deal you could expect to get somewhere around $4,500ish?..... although, if the tools included are one of the complete tool rolls like Troy had 2 Creeks ago, then maybe closer to $5k?

These figures are based solely on my opinion, and have no actual sales data to back them up. I would, however, respectfully disagree with Russ's assessment on the market being soft for the gun. I'm pretty sure it's the tripods that aren't selling.....:D

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Seriously though, I would think that as a package deal you could expect to get somewhere around $4,500ish?..... although, if the tools included are one of the complete tool rolls like Troy had 2 Creeks ago, then maybe closer to $5k?

OK, this I'll give in. I'm in for $5k for the Ferret and BREN.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
If you log in to GB (have to be logged in) and do a search for "bren semi" in COMPLETED listings you'll get http://www.gunbroker.com/All/Completed/BCI.aspx?Keywords=bren+semi&Timeframe=1

which lists a Historic Arms Mk II that sold for almost $4k in April and a home reweld/conversion Mk I for $3k in March. The latter stated that it was having light primer strikes so the striker wasn't working properly.

HTH.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Russ and a hotdog

Capt: Russ has helped me so in the interest of payback I'll cover two hotdogs, chips, beverage, and a good cigar for you. And he can pick it up here since then we can shoot up some of that really nice Greek ammunition so I can have brass to reload. I could even road trip over to see the Ferret, but not try to squeeze in and get stuck making more work for you.
Into second month of retirement and doing great avoiding temptation to purchase really nice items like this, so far. Searching for and buying new bullet molds and casting stuff is keeping me content for now.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are all too kind. What would I ever do without friends like you? :rolleyes:
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you say "reputable builder'

well who built it? knowing that alone will sell it.
I will wait until it is completed and then start a new thread and let everyone know. Until then you will just have to bite your nails and wait. (Insert popcorn eating icon here).
CaptMax

·
Registered
296 Posts
I will wait until it is completed and then start a new thread and let everyone know. Until then you will just have to bite your nails and wait. (Insert popcorn eating icon here).
CaptMax

so there is only 1 smith currently building brens. his work so far has been fantastic.
so here is my prices
tripod $750
bren $3500
mags $100

total with out tools$4350

tools ?? dont know. will need to see what you have

no I am not interested in buying it

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Trade for Bren

CaptMax how about slightly used wife she is one heck of a cook and can bake to. Has a masters degree and is one heck of fishing woman. Will only do it if you throw in some 303 ammo.
Valley

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Captmax this has to be a 5k package knowing you and how nice ad complete your toys are either way it is one heck of a buy for somebody who wants a turn key set up with no work or hunting involved.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Captmax this has to be a 5k package knowing you and how nice ad complete your toys are either way it is one heck of a buy for somebody who wants a turn key set up with no work or hunting involved.
Thanks Toolman,
As I said I will post pictures and details once I get it back from the builder. Yes, it is a nice package as it was an early IO Inc kit.
I may decide to keep it after all and decide to find other items to sell instead. My Ferret is turning into a money pit but it will be worth it when it is all finished.
CaptMax

1 - 17 of 17 Posts