1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much a WLA semi MG53 (MG42 yugo type) is selling for these days. I have it in it's original issue 8mm and the 7.62X51 MG3 set up also(7.62X51 barrel is headspaced to the bolt). Too many accessories to list so just the basic gun.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It's hard to say. I see them listing in the $4000ish range but I also see them sitting. If it had a tripod and loaders etc it might move quicker. Just a basic gun would need to be discounted to move in any reasonable time. The Yugo stuff doesn't have the 'following' the German stuff does, atleast that's what I have seen.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have a lot of accessories, an 8mms and 308 belt loaders, mg3 AAs tripod, Lafette type ground mount, 8mms metal and .308 plastic baskets, mg1 and mg3(front booster) top.covers and feed trays this is only what I remember but I have not fired it in years. I'm just afraid if you list too many accessories then the price might seem to high.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I have tons of add ons 8mms and 308 belt loaders mg3 AAs tripod Lafayette type ground mount 8mms metal and plastic baskets mg1 and mg3 top.covers and feed trays this is only what I remember but I have not fired it in years. I'm just afraid if you list too many accessories then the price might seem to high.
Lafette not Lafayette. Lafayette was a French General that fought on our side during the Revolution.

Lafette
http://whatacountry.com/mg42-lafette-ground-tripod.aspx

Lafayette
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_du_Motier,_Marquis_de_Lafayette

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
4K sounds a touch high to me, but accessories always drives the price up. How does it run? Dad's Wiselite was always a finicky ******* on the range. Asking around, that seemed very common with the semi conversions.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I picked one up last fall with 1K rounds, no other stuff, for $2K. I do think I stole it.

Karl

·
Registered
604 Posts
I picked one up last fall with 1K rounds, no other stuff, for $2K. I do think I stole it.

Karl
Yea, major discount and they sell. That was a good deal. I just paid $1300 for a torch cut kit, with all the receiver pieces. Came with a very useable barrel too. It is already rewelded into a postie.

I second the thought on how well it runs, we have also seen how finicky they semi guns can be.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have tons of add ons 8mms and 308 belt loaders mg3 AAs tripod Lafayette type ground mount 8mms metal and plastic baskets mg1 and mg3 top.covers and feed trays this is only what I remember but I have not fired it in years. I'm just afraid if you list too many accessories then the price might seem to high.
The accy will attract a buyer better in my opinion. Someone who is looking for one looks at the time and cost of finding and buying all the extras that make up shooting these guns. I spent well over a year tracking down pieces and parts and such to get our gun done.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I second the thought on how well it runs, we have also seen how finicky they semi guns can be.

Mine ran like a raped ape the one time I had it out. Only got that %^$ corrosive 8mm ammo. Too much work to clean up after a range day. On my list to make it .308

Karl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts