1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
M53/mg42 kits

about a month ago Southern Ohio gun (SOG) still had M53 kits for 250.00 and sometimes there was a mixture of post war yugo and war time german parts. Thats the cheapest kits out there.

·
Registered
944 Posts
autodoc said:
or get an M53 kit from centerfire and a rear receiver section from IMA and you've got a project for about $500.
You will still be missing the "barrel guide sleeve" (pressed in front section that the booster/flash hider screws into) and the trunnion (camming piece) part of the receiver.

The total price (if you can find it all) would be:

Centerfire kit - $350
IMA rear reciever pieces - $135
barrel guide sleeve - $40
trunnion piece - $150
Ratchet plate - $35
SA conversion parts - $300

For a total of $910. Note that all these prices are rising, sometimes daily. The list does not include rivets, tools or misc. supplies.

For that you wind up with a FIVE cut receiver. That is five welds you have to make.

For about $1600 ($1300 for the kit with receiver + $300 for conversion parts), you get everything you need, including a four (or if you are VERY lucky, three) cut reciever, if you buy one of the kits on auction sites.

Note that I am not selling recievers or kits and am actively scrounging for parts.
(I wish I was selling kits. REALLY good kits with receivers were selling for $550 the beginning of March, until they ran out).

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hmm.

You are missing three trunnion sections and need to do some rust removal :D

The one next to the bottom, is that a BRP rear section?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have to think BRP will start up their 80% 42 receivers at some point in the future. Those are zero cut zero weld and people will pay a good buck for them. Or just sell 100% receivers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts