loader and does it load belts and links. I am sure it is set up
for 7.62 nato because that is what he said he was going to
build a few years ago but lost interest. any help would be greatly
appreciated. thank you

john

·
Registered
40 Posts
CLOTH belt loaders are in the $900-1200 range. Make sure its a belt loader and not a linker ($175-225 and easy to find). Linkers are a dime a dozen whereas the cloth belt loaders are harder to find and very expensive. Then you have to get one working - which can be a challenge. Linkers are much simpler to operate, and have fewer parts.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Browning Belt Filler,M1918....

For concise info,go to the 'belt loader' threads....about 20+ topics and also the old threads that shots has also posted. There is a wealth of info there.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Linkers are a dime a dozen whereas the cloth belt loaders are harder to find
I just want to set the record straight. US GI .30 caliber linkers are not a dime a dozen, they are quite scarce. It is the US GI .50 caliber linkers and commercial .30 caliber that are a dime a dozen.

Although the price does not reflect it due to demand, a US GI .30 caliber linker is a lot scarcer than any fabric belt loader. In my years go business (the old days) I had over 700 belt loaders. To date I have had the opportunity to purchase only 3 linkers.

WWII production was Steel, which I have not yet taken a picture of. This is a pre war bronze M3 Linker:

Here is the M8 De-Linking attachment from WWII. It is laid on the linker's bed and allows linked ammo to be delinked:

·
Registered
662 Posts
MrbullsEye, i'd offer him $600 for the lot. i'll bet he takes it.

Ricca, those USGI linkers are so rare most of us don't know they're out there. Very nice piece of history.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts