1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Security Theater - I could go on for hours; I'm forced to deal with them an a regular basis...

Pre 911, it was bad enough when they were merely incompetent. Now they're incompetents with federal authority. MSG

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
From the article: ".... if you have a TSA master-key then you can easily unlock any TSA approved lock.... In the meantime, I guess it’s back to packing your carry on with anything valuable rather than risk it being in a checked bag. That’s not an ideal solution, and it’s one that slows everyone down while making their way through security, but what other option is there?"

What's not mentioned in the article are four important things I've come across; 1) If you happen to have a common "bobby pin" it's easy to pick these cheap locks, 2) I've seen several cases where the locks have simply been cut off, with a note it was done "by the TSA" (because, I guess, the agent didn't have the master key on him), 3) You can't pack just any (firearms) valuables in your carry-on, and 4) TSA agents are no more honest than the rest of the general population, yet they have authority!

Your checked baggage is not secured by anything better than the weakest link in the chain.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts