1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got one of the reproduction 1918 belt loaders and the .308 pusher and feed tower adaptor. The machine has been loading 30-06 fine, but when I swapped it over to do .308 almost every round is getting stuck between the butterfly and the pusher.

When the round drops down it is either bouncing back slightly and then getting caught on the back side of the pusher and pushed farther or just getting caught by the pusher. Once it goes back a little it then binds between the two parts and the pusher can’t go far enough back to push it forward.

Any recommendations on how to fix this?

V/R,
Mike

·
Registered
481 Posts
Interesting, I didn't know there were different designs. I recently made adjustments to my pusher to address random stoppages after looking at the timing of the whole setup.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It appears to me that you are using for forward drop pusher along with a rear drop feed tower adapter. That combination would place the cartridge too far back for the pusher hump, that's a technical term, to pick it up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn’t know there was a difference either. I am using the feed tower adapter and .308 pusher that came with the machine when I got it, second hand. From the picture of the adapters I couldn’t tell a difference other than the lack of “wings”. What dimensions are different?

Thank you for all the info.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Here's a different view of the feed tower adapters.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dan:
You taught me something new too ! I had no idea there were variations on the .308 parts.

Doug (always learning... and forgetting at the same time)

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I'll be following this thread with keen interest considering all three of my belting machines are boat anchors, same issues. The thing is they used to work.

...Western Iron and I were talking about this just a couple weeks ago...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for all the info. Where can I get the correct pusher or feed tower adapter? After looking at it some more, it seems like I could wrap some sort of thin spacer around the rear stop pin that would keep them from sliding back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
.308 cartridge adaptor

Got a few of the feed tower adapters...$70.00 shipped CONUS. These are the ones with the thin skirt on the sides to help position the cartridge. Ran out of and no plans to make any of the .308 pushers. Send funds to...Len's Ammo Shop,2402 S. Michigan St.,South Bend,IN-46614.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Got a few of the feed tower adapters...$70.00 shipped CONUS. These are the ones with the thin skirt on the sides to help position the cartridge. Ran out of and no plans to make any of the .308 pushers. Send funds to...Len's Ammo Shop,2402 S. Michigan St.,South Bend,IN-46614.
Len; Can you please post a picture of one of your feed tower adapters?

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Len; Can you please post a picture of one of your feed tower adapters?
Photo's of both the adapter and the cartridge pusher are in my original post,".308 Conversion". Cannot get Win10 on my PC to post photo's for some reason...probably my lack of 'puter skills...LOL.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts