1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill 3006308

(1) Home builders may not purchase a kit prior to completing current build
(2) "Completing" shall mean minimum 100 rounds fired without failure or interruption.
(3) Anyone possessing an unbuilt kit or non-working arm, or anything in between, for in excess of ten years must immediately put it on GB with no minimum bid
(4) Any ammunition having been possessed for a period longer than ten years must be immediately disposed
(5) Any spare parts of accessories for any firearm for which possessor does not possess the firearm itself must be immediately disposed
(6) Any individual possessing in excess of two (2) kits is prohibited from attending KCR or SAR or any other such kit-grubbing venue. Furthermore such individuals are prohibited from procuring additional kits.
(7) Any individual possessing one (1) significant part of a firearm (known as a "gun seed") shall sell said part and invest it into offspring's 529 College Savings Plan. Furthermore, said individual shall compute the financial cost of accumulating the remainder of parts for that firearm and put that into child's 529 plan. If individual does not own a child, the money will be rendered into a general fund for a child that understands and supports the 2nd Amendment.
(8) Home builds that are fundamentally flawed and cannot be completed into a working firearm will be disposed of to a public area in the nearest urban environment within 10 days, along with feeding devices and ammunition. The bores of said firearms must have a bore-sized hole drilled through the chamber in a position not readily observable.
(9) FFLs who have been paid in full for builds will deliver a fully functional firearm within six months; failing to do so shall result in a fine of self-immolation while being castrated with piano wire.
(10) Firearms will be restored with the original finish. Parkerizing of 1917s, 1928s, MG34s, etc is totally illegal. Any individual possessing a parkerized 1917 will forfeit said firearm and be spanked.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Bill 3006308

(1) Home builders may not purchase a kit prior to completing current build
(2) "Completing" shall mean minimum 100 rounds fired without failure or interruption.
(3) Anyone possessing an unbuilt kit or non-working arm, or anything in between, for in excess of ten years must immediately put it on GB with no minimum bid
(4) Any ammunition having been possessed for a period longer than ten years must be immediately disposed
(5) Any spare parts of accessories for any firearm for which possessor does not possess the firearm itself must be immediately disposed
(6) Any individual possessing in excess of two (2) kits is prohibited from attending KCR or SAR or any other such kit-grubbing venue. Furthermore such individuals are prohibited from procuring additional kits.
(7) Any individual possessing one (1) significant part of a firearm (known as a "gun seed") shall sell said part and invest it into offspring's 529 College Savings Plan. Furthermore, said individual shall compute the financial cost of accumulating the remainder of parts for that firearm and put that into child's 529 plan. If individual does not own a child, the money will be rendered into a general fund for a child that understands and supports the 2nd Amendment.
(8) Home builds that are fundamentally flawed and cannot be completed into a working firearm will be disposed of to a public area in the nearest urban environment within 10 days, along with feeding devices and ammunition. The bores of said firearms must have a bore-sized hole drilled through the chamber in a position not readily observable.
(9) FFLs who have been paid in full for builds will deliver a fully functional firearm within six months; failing to do so shall result in a fine of self-immolation while being castrated with piano wire.
(10) Firearms will be restored with the original finish. Parkerizing of 1917s, 1928s, MG34s, etc is totally illegal. Any individual possessing a parkerized 1917 will forfeit said firearm and be spanked.
Amendment to proposed bill, 3006308:

1 (a) Any NOOB who ask if 'it can be converted back to full auto?" shall be banned from ever owning firearms

2 (a) any individual who does not shoot their legally owned firearms more than (once) every 6 months will forfeit said firearms unless individual is deployed overseas or 1 (b) domiciles in the peoples republik of NY, CA, CN or NJ and cannot 1 (c) afford the outrageous costs of a private range facility

3 (a) individuals shall be prohibited from purchasing all available parts kits, ammunition and cool **** with the sole and intent purpose of reselling these items on an outrageous resale markup.

·
11,222 Posts
i take issue with so many of these lines.

being the self imposed leader of this motley crew of a pack, I own the veto button (can delete the threads :) )

issues:
many of us could not possibly shoot each of our firearms even twice a year. not enough days in the year presuming we have lives outside of the range

having more than one parts kit at any one time is a requirement for our hobby. you need a dozen in a holding pattern at any given point. even thinking otherwise should bring you to a probationary member status at best.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
i take issue with so many of these lines.

being the self imposed leader of this motley crew of a pack, I own the veto button (can delete the threads :) )

issues:
many of us could not possibly shoot each of our firearms even twice a year. not enough days in the year presuming we have lives outside of the range

having more than one parts kit at any one time is a requirement for our hobby. you need a dozen in a holding pattern at any given point. even thinking otherwise should bring you to a probationary member status at best.
Well said!

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
I don't think this is going to work. If we are all required to sell all unbuilt parts kits or nonworking firearms that have been in our possession for ten or more years, that will create a massive glut in the market. If at the same time a new kit cannot be purchased until the current project is completed, very few of us will be able to buy any of the afore mentioned parts kits. With us locked out of the market, speculators from outside the hobby would sweep in to take advantage of the depressed price of parts kits, and corner the market. Then, knowing the addictive nature of this "hobby," they would slowly trickle out the horded parts kits at strikingly high prices. The Horror...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Chuck, you cleaning out the closets and gun safes trying to find something you know "is in there somewhere, *%!$"

·
Registered
492 Posts
Amendment to proposed bill, 3006308:
does not shoot their legally owned firearms more than (once) every 6 months
Are you thinking going shooting at least every 6 months or shooting each firearm every 6 months? The latter could be a hard requirement...

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
What about a 1985 Cutlass Supreme Brougham with grey velour interior, wire wheel hubcaps, T-tops, deluxe wood trim, and TWO hand-painted pinstripes in tan over jet black gloss? Then can I polish my knobs?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
11)No one is allowed to brightly polish brass or bronze parts that were intended to be painted. unless they also own a 1992 Cutlass with candy paint and 24" rims.
Damn... thats harsh!

12. Anyone selling parts for a "future" ATF approved semi autos may produce nothing else until ATF approval letter has been received.

13. Anyone selling Junk 80% receiver must build their own working semi auto using their own 80%er prior to the sale of said 80%ers.

14. No one can sell 80% receivers only good for NFA builds without CLEARLY stating that said receiver is only good for making post samples, not semi autos!

15. Muzzle Breaks are banned from AR15/M16s. Flash hiders are fine.

16. Gold and Chrome plating is illegal to put on guns and/or gun parts. Nickel plating and SS is fine. Gold Filled engraving is fine.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
17. Gold and chrome plating is reserved for Mexican drug cartels and nobody else.

18. All straw purchase are to be intended for "export only" to Mexico with or without ATF approval.

19. All imported surplus ammunition is allowed, provided it stays in the country where it was manufactured.

20. All 02/07 manufactures must give a written contract to delivery date of all builds on parts kits or forfeit their tools and kits back to the owners of said kits so that they may at least finish their own.

CaptMax

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Tell you what-- I'll hold your kits and you can hold mine. Does that meet the criteria? :D

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,052 Posts
Being guilty on far too many counts of this ever expanding new law, I refuse to participate in this thread. There is no way I am going to out myself and be subject to the penalties prescribed herein. It may be fine for panaceabeachbum to out himself and his automobile preferences, but I will not be caught admitting to anything here. So there!

:confused:

Uh, wait a minute.....

·
Watercooled Addict
2,082 Posts
Haha, i like the no polishing brass parts! Thats funny. Can I get a pass to polish my brass since all of my builds are transferrable full auto, thus meaning i didnt demill or destroy a single thing on my kits?
Polished brass is such a small trade off to keep a gun live and functioning the way it was built to function.

·
11,222 Posts
Haha, i like the no polishing brass parts! Thats funny. Can I get a pass to polish my brass since all of my builds are transferrable full auto, thus meaning i didnt demill or destroy a single thing on my kits?
Polished brass is such a small trade off to keep a gun live and functioning the way it was built to function.
nope. you must submit them to the board for approval. form 3 to me will suffice.

Recent Estimated Time of Response is running 87 months.

rory

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
11)No one is allowed to brightly polish brass or bronze parts that were intended to be painted. unless they also own a 1992 Cutlass with candy paint and 24" rims.
Uh-oh... In possible violation. Multiple parts on my 1928 Colt tripod have been triple-plate chromed. Old bikers habits, I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,403 Posts
Well I am guilty of at least 1-7 so know I just have to figure out who gets my stuff?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts