1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Recently purchase a ptr9 semi and have been trying to get it set up as a "night build". I've been trying to run suppressed (147gr and 158gr subs) and having mixed results. I seem to be getting a fair amount of double feeds especially from the unity magazines (others are ehs and have been meh at best). I was reading about an 80 degree unlocking piece and found mixed posts on if this was necessary. Any info would help.

Also, anyone have issues outrunning the gun with a binary?

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Tried a binary on my MP5 clone a couple of weeks ago.........not overly impressed that day, but gonna try it again soon in a week or so......

Also ran a few 147 gr SS through a buddy's can on my gun - no issues except for a lot of blowback in my face!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a PTR9 that I run with a can pretty regular like both a SilencerCo Hybrid 46 and now a Surefire SF Ryder 9-MP5. FWIW when running subs with mine I have had the best luck with mags that shipped with it or the metal POF ones. I see they ship them with clear poly mag that I am not familiar with, mine shipped with what I assume are roll marked PTR but are sourced from overseas. So yeah it will throw a ton of gas in your face but with a good magazine it should run alright. Don't have a binary on mine so can't speak to that. But given the rather violent process of ejection from a roller delayed I would think it would be relatively tough to outrun it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I had some feeding and ejections issues with my Special Weapons MP5 clone. I replaced the extractor spring and recoil spring with genuine MP5 parts and that solved my problem. Just food for thought. I had mine set up with IR laser and can for night vision fun but switched to my AR9 because I made an upper with the can tucked in the handguard to keep it short and spicy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone, hoping to try again this weekend with magpul drum magazines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts