1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going to the SAR West show for years and have noticed a vendor selling tables and tables of bullets. Being in a room of class 3 weapons, these did not compete for my attention until this year. I finally looked at the pricess. Wow great prices!

They have pulled bullets in various sizes and shapes. For example, they had pulled 30 cal 150 gr and 180 gr soft point bullets for less than $0.10/bullet. No 303 bullets.

I wish I had more reserves to stock up on some these supplies.

The company's name is:

Big Canyon Environmental in Peck Idaho. They do not have much of a web presence and you have to order by phone.

I hope this helps some of our reloaders.

Junking

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been going to the SAR West show for years and have noticed a vendor selling tables and tables of bullets. Being in a room of class 3 weapons, these did not compete for my attention until this year. I finally looked at the pricess. Wow great prices!

They have pulled bullets in various sizes and shapes. For example, they had pulled 30 cal 150 gr and 180 gr soft point bullets for less than $0.10/bullet. No 303 bullets.

The company's name is:

Big Canyon Environmental in Peck Idaho. They do not have much of a web presence and you have to order by phone.

Junking
I forgot to mention they have powder from their pulls for $11/lb. No IMR 4895 in stock. I believe they do have IMR 4064.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
....good info...

Glad someone is keeping their eyes open. Next to food,water,weapons,ammo and medical gear....loading components are right up there in line for stocking. None of this stuff will lose value. And along with gold and silver,will increase in value during an economic collapse,natural or man made disaster or if you need to shelter-in-place. Color me an alarmist....but I'd rather be prepared for almost any scenerio than wonder what the hell is going on.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Glad someone is keeping their eyes open. Next to food,water,weapons,ammo and medical gear....loading components are right up there in line for stocking. None of this stuff will lose value. And along with gold and silver,will increase in value during an economic collapse,natural or man made disaster or if you need to shelter-in-place. Color me an alarmist....but I'd rather be prepared for almost any scenerio than wonder what the hell is going on.
Ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^x1000:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
??????????????? I AM prepared for almost any senerio , and most of the time I still wonder what the h... is going on .
Chris

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

The company's name is:

Junking
I just left a message with them for a price on some bullets and also another company for a price on 20K 147 gr FMJ bullets.

They(Big Canyon) ought to get a website up if they've got the merchandise. They're losing money as the clock ticks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just left a message with them for a price on some bullets and also another company for a price on 20K 147 gr FMJ bullets.

They(Big Canyon) ought to get a website up if they've got the merchandise. They're losing money as the clock ticks.
I asked and they were out of 147 gr fmj 30 cal bullets :-(

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
L999here ".... gold and silver,will increase in value during an economic collapse,natural or man made disaster or if you need to shelter-in-place...."

If I can't eat it, drink it, shoot it, ride it, fuel it, **** it, smoke it or blow something up with it, it has no use or trade value to me in a true societal collapse. In that case, how much value would gold or silver have to me when I need a horse? None. My firearms, reloading supplies and 'spare' ammo have risen far greater than precious metals.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
198 Posts
There was a movie back in the 60's or 70's called "Panic in the Year Zero".
It had a interesting thought, ammo will become currency.
Gregg

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
GRW1,

Gold you are right about ,Silver is a different matter it has uses in wound care :eek::eek: and if you know your chemistry it can be made into a Very high level energetic that detonates at 4000 m/sec. :D i would have to say it is Very useful metal to have besides it`s value , think about it ......

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That was also the case in "One Second After."
And in "Patriots" Surviving The Coming Collapse" by James Wesley Rawles.

Its a common theme because it falls into the natural order of things when commodities become more valuable than any other type of currency and there's historical evidence of it happening all over the world.

My policy should that situation come to pass is, no ammo or guns will be traded to anyone that I didn't trust to stand guard over my sleeping quarters. Period.

That might narrow things down quite a bit....and that is the exact intent. If others didn't take notice of the years of preceding BS that happened, they're likely not the people I want around me and definitely not ones I'd want to arm or trade with.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
belt fed frog SEZ: "Silver is a different matter; it has uses in wound care and if you know your chemistry it can be made into a Very high level energetic that detonates...."

Yes, but I believe any metal can be made to burn. Put a flame under some fine (0000) steel wool and see what happens. I don't know I could make colloidal silver at home with anything other than a full-blown lab. As for silver in water filtration, topical creams, medical devices and wound dressings containing silver sulfadiazine or silver nanomaterials, (as surface antibacterials in the first few day) silver allergy is a known contra-indication. Use other than surface antimicrobial use in water filters, respiratory machines, etc., was largely discontinued in the 1940s following development of safer and more effective antibiotics. Since the 1990s, colloidal silver has again been marketed as an alternative medicine, often with extensive "cure-all" claims. On humans and other animals, silver accumulates in the body. Chronic intake of silver products can result in an accumulation of silver or silver sulfide particles in the skin. Colloidal silver products remain available in some countries as dietary supplements and homeopathic remedies, although they are not effective in treating any known condition and carry the risk of both permanent cosmetic side effects such as argyria, (resulting in irreversible blue or gray discoloration of the skin) and interactions with prescription medications. Localized argyria can occur as a result of topical use of silver-containing solutions, while generalized argyria results from the ingestion of such substances.

My opinions, (only as an RN, I'm not much of a chemist) YMMV, this advice is worth every cent you paid for it.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
belt fed frog SEZ: "Silver is a different matter it has uses in wound care :eek::eek: and if you know your chemistry it can be made into a Very high level energetic that detonates...."

Yes, but I believe any metal can be made to burn. Put a flame under some fine (0000) steel wool and see what happens. I don't know I could make colloidal silver at home with anything other than a full-blown lab. As for silver in water filtration, topical creams, medical devices and wound dressings containing silver sulfadiazine or silver nanomaterials, (as surface antibacterials) silver allergy is a known contra-indication. Use other than surface antimicrobial use in water filters, respiratory machines, etc., was largely discontinued in the 1940s following development of safer and more effective antibiotics. Since the 1990s, colloidal silver has again been marketed as an alternative medicine, often with extensive "cure-all" claims. On humans and other animals, silver accumulates in the body. Chronic intake of silver products can result in an accumulation of silver or silver sulfide particles in the skin. Colloidal silver products remain available in some countries as dietary supplements and homeopathic remedies, although they are not effective in treating any known condition and carry the risk of both permanent cosmetic side effects such as argyria, (resulting in irreversible blue or gray discoloration of the skin) and interactions with prescription medications. Localized argyria can occur as a result of topical use of silver-containing solutions, while generalized argyria results from the ingestion of such substances.

My opinions (as an RN) only, YMMV, this advice is worth every cent you paid for it.

Carry On!
Gary
><>
I respect your opinion as an RN on silver but in a SHTF situation where there are no other readily available alternatives, silver will at least be tried at my AO.

As for argyria, it is very uncommon with judicious and temporary use of silver, either internally or topically. I'd rather be a little shade of blue and alive than pale and dead from a topical burn infection.

A lab is not needed for colloidal silver production, just a couple of 9v or 12v batteries, some pure(.999) silver and some distilled water. Again, for temporary use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts