1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be tons of people selling these on Gunbroker and now there are none. I have been playing with H&K's lately and I am not a fan of GB anymore. So, I have not been on that site for almost a year. Anyone know what happened? Thanks

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Yes, there is a reason you seldom see one. The remaining major mfgs of Browning side plates have been clearly informed by ATF Tech Branch that, if a plate has the charging handle slot and link ejection port profiles completed, it is considered a Title I firearm. Doesn't matter how much of the rest of the plate is finished. ATF came down on this big time back in 2007. Now there have been, and may still be, smaller mfgs who are still making an 80% plate, but they just haven't attracted enough attention yet to get the memo. And, old plates pop up once in a while via private party. Meanwhile, if you want a plate that does not need an FFL transfer, KMP makes what has become known as a "70%" plate, where those two profiles are not cut all the way through, leaving the plate still, basically, a rectangle. That is the main option besides a 100% plate going to your dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts